1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys playing (poke at redlightning)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by greenlightning, Sep 11, 2012.

1. greenlightning

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just signed up. I've read many threads already, and I found people really supportive. Didn't even know about that side of the internet, so thank you all for being here and helping each other. :slight_smile:

This particular topic caught my attention: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/69856-do-you-think-my-guy-friend-has-feelings-me.html because my story is kinda similar.

I've been encountering two awkward stories with two different guys, so I wanted to know what you think of these two weird people. First thing I needa say is that nobody knows I'm gay, I've never felt the need to tell anyone and I don't want to. Like many of you I've been depressed at some point and everything but I guess you've already read that dozens of times.

So the first guy is a college friend I met one year ago. At the beginning we were just good friends, hanging out in Paris and talking about random things just like straight guys. I have to say that he's quite beautiful and funny, but I wasn't really attracted to him since I thought he was straight. Our relationship became awkward one day when we decided to go to the movies together, and I wonder if all this would have happened if more friends had come with us. During the movie, he started to getting closer and closer to me. Then he laid his head on my shoulder. That was super cute, but also super gay. I felt really uncomfortable, I was like frozen and I didn't know what to do. I finally said "What are you doing?". Sounds really tough, but that wasn't. I told him very quielty and very kindly. We smiled at each other and he just straightened him up (good play on words by the way). So that was really awkward.
    About two weeks later, we were sitting on a bench in a park (nothing happened in the meanwhile). Again, only the two of us. This time he went a bit further by suddenly lying on the bench and laying his head on my knees. I was really disturbed but I couldn't do anything and we just kept on talking as if that was normal. A few minutes later we decided to go somewhere else so that's how it ended. And here comes the most interesting part of the story. This guy has now a girlfriend and I see them together nearly everyday, kissing and everything. For some reason he also told a common friend that he was gay. So I don't understand. To me it feels like he's "playing" with people, trying things etc... What do you think?

The second story is about another guy is also met in college. He's older than me (20), and let's face it: he's gorgeous. I'm not seeking someone to love, and I've never felt the need to love so far. Just admiring people's beauty like this guy. He had a girlfriend at that time so I considered him just as a good friend. But our relationship again became awkward because he started to see me as more than just a mate. He was talking to me with a different tone of voice, I don't know, as if he was in love. Then every morning, he wanted to cheek kiss me instead of shaking hands (in France, cheek kissing if very common but not between men). I always refused his kisses but he was still begging for hugs and other weird things, even in front of other people. One day at college he drew a heart on my notebook and told me "this is for you :slight_smile:". I mean ... He has a girlfriend though!

What do you think? They look both like playing around, right? Really don't know how to act with those kinds of people. Have you ever experienced such stories?

2. greenlightning

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have these guys subtly throwing out little hints and you brush them off? :eusa_naug They both sound like they could at least be a bit bisexual, although that first one told someone he was gay, so who knows exactly what he is. When the second guy drew the heart and showed you, how did he act? Having a girlfriend doesn't really mean much nowadays, there are plenty of guys out there who are married that are complete queens at heart, lol. Maybe they sense that you could possibly be gay and are trying things out like you said. I don't see much wrong with that if you are ok with it and do the same. What do you have against possibly developing a relationship with one of them?

4. greenlightning

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I don't know. Actually I feel like they're waiting for me to make a mistake to learn I'm gay and then let others know. I really want nobody to know so that's my biggest fear.

When he drew the heart he was acting and talking like a child, that was really cute coming from him because he's very manly and muscular. Don't know what to think.

5. Aquafin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you may be reading into bromance a lil' more... I have had close friends do very similar things to me... even knowing that I am gay. But in their cases (not saying its the exact same as yours... who knows) they were just kidding around. Man on man "bromance" is just when a straight guy feels lonely and jokes around with another guy. It's not necessarily an attraction.

6. greenlightning

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I see what you mean and that's what I thought for a long time, but how can you really feel lonely while having a girlfriend? Btw, what do you call a bromance exactly? Not sure two guys kissing can still be considered as a bromance.