1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting Guys in High School

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Aawon, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Aawon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm a junior in high school and it's really hard for me to meet any guys that are gay or bi. I'm really looking forward to a boyfriend. I'm Bi and I'm open-ish, but I don't go around flaunting that I like guys.
    It's not because I'm weird, or ugly or anything like that, atleast I hope not, But mainly cause I don't have any gay or bi friends so I don't meet anyone. All my friends are straight, and I'm never around any situations where I'm around anyone gay.
    Also, being in high school, not a lot of people are out, and with those that are, I find it awkward to go talk to them because they're out of my circle of friends or my clique.

So what do I do? Do I resort to online dating? Even with that, you never really find anyone. Atleast not my age and living in the same area.

2. Grof142007

GO To a GSA meeting ( Gay Straight Alliance) if u have one

3. CrimsonThunder

Get out of your comfort zone and talk to one. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Never know, you might click.

4. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

I agree here... I only knew of one gay guy in my high school the whole time I went there, and he was too flamboyant for me, on top of me being closeted. Go to the GSA meetings definitely! Otherwise I don't have much advice, its just something I didn't have luck with. I wish I had found this forum yeaaaaars ago!

5. chrisb

Well theres always Myspace lol.....i mean look for the openly gay guys from your school your atracted to it should be easy enough to find there names send them a message starta convo on there maybe eventually you will have the courage to hang out with him to if you guys get along via messages then maybe phone.

6. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

look around and see if there are any gay teen community centers in your area, that could be a good place to meet people that live close by to you

7. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am in the same boat as you. but I have been recently trying to leave my click and speak to other guys i don't know. i think that would be the best way.

8. l0stinthsw0rld

Out Status:
    A few people
    You guys are so lucky man at least you know some guys that are open at my school i dont know any other guys that are open! I wish i did cause thats what i really want and am missing!

9. Alexander

Just talk to people and eventually you'll find someone who's gay :grin:

10. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. The more people you talk to the more likely you'll run into someone gay. Or else see if there is a GSA or a little group or something. That's the best I can give. Good luck with that. :slight_smile: