1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I make it not awkward?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AyaLou, Sep 12, 2012.

1. AyaLou

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Um, hi~

Something happened yesterday which made things extremely awkward for me and two of my friends.

Lets start from the beginning. One of my friends (Lets call him C, and yes, he's gay) has a huge thing for my other friend (J, who is a boy) and has for god knows how long. last night, they were talking about stuff and they got onto the topic of who they like. J said to C that he likes me... and C was really upset about it.

Me and C talked and concluded that it was only fair to tell J the truth, that I like girls, so we did and now J hasn't talked to me all of yesterday evening and all of today, even though I saw him this morning and at school about six times. When we did wave this morning while walking to school, he averted his eyes really quickly and walked away.

I don't want things to be awkward~ J and I have only just become closer and I don't want to ruin that over something like this. I don't have many friends and it meant a lot to me that he wanted to be one.

So I was wondering; do you guys have any tips on how to make things less awkward? I really want to still talk to him but I don't know how to... I'm being a chicken I suppose.

ARGH :bang: any feedback would be much appreciated... thank you xx

2. J Snow

It sounds to me like you've made an effort to try to stay friends with him and he isn't reciprocating that. I would say that at this point its on him.

3. Chrissouth53

I'd address it head on. Next time you see him stop him and tell him that you realize the other day was a bit awkward but you really do like him as a friend and would like that to continue.

If he chooses not to, you have learned something valuable about him, a quality you probably don't want in a friend.

4. FollowtheFreeman

All he might need is time. Finding out that the person you care for doesn't feel the same way back can be quite traumatizing. I think you should give him a little bit of time to think things over and to come to terms with his feelings. When you feel the right time is at hand then talk to him.

5. rg93

I agree. If he didn't see it coming, I think I can see how it could be hard on him. If a straight person has feelings for someone else, they usually have much higher hopes that the other person feels the same. And if he feels rejected even before he could share his feelings with you, it can kinda suck :-/

6. AyaLou

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you. Um, I think I'll probably wait it out like you said. It seems like the most sensible thing to do.