1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In need of friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mustachedwaffle, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Hi guys. I'm posting this because I want to know, how do you find kind and accepting friends? I currently only have 2 friends that love me for me. In fact, they're pretty much my only friends. I'm in high school right now and so maybe there aren't many accepting people at my school. Do you have any advice?

2. Cheese Wheel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being in North Carolina probably doesn't help...

3. That's true. I have no choice in the matter though.

4. Mercy

Mercy Guest

you can count on me :slight_smile: ! ill be yor friend and the heck with who wont be cause they dont know how wounderfull you are :slight_smile: <3 just be you mkay ?

5. Awwww how sweet of you! It's nice to know someone out in the world cares! Thanks so much!

6. Mercy

Mercy Guest

im saying this from the bottom of my heart when i say i know how you feel (*hug*)

7. Gen

Gen

Yeah, I hate to say it, but sometimes it just is hard to find good friends in certain areas. Maybe you would have more luck if you get a little more into the clubs/organizations of your school. There tends to be more open people in the group-oriented/volunteering/helping etc groups.

Though, if you do have to stick to your online friends than we will just have to be friends. So its official, I am your new best friend <(^_^<).

Dont even think about fighting itm because its too late. It's just a thing now :/.

8. I tried joining my school's GSA, but there are 2 girls that don't really like me for some reason. I might just put that aside and go I the next meeting.

Haha BESTIES UNITE!!! I won't argue... Fine.

9. Mercy

Mercy Guest

Heyy no fair !! :dry: lol

10. HarleyQ

Sweetie... people are dumb. It is what it is. lol.

Screw 'em. You'll find people who will accept you and love you for who you are as you grow up. High school sucks. High school people suck. (This coming from someone who wants to make high school a career lol). Not caring makes them suck a little less, even though that is sooo difficult.

You've already found friends willing to accept and love you for the amazing person you are. We're just online :slight_smile: So hugs are imagined, but just as meaningful! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 12th Sep 2012 at 07:58 PM ----------

Yeah!!!!! I want a EC bestie too!!! lol

11. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Truth be told you really don't need many friends. I'm no longer friends with the people I used to go to high school with. I'm not saying that will happen to you, but making friends should come naturally. Do you have a GSA that you could possibly join? I'm sure it'll be helpful for you, you'll be able to make friends in no time.

And do not let them girls stop you from going, you have every right to be there.

#11 pinklov3ly, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  12. Gen

Gen

UNITE (^_^)^!!!!!

It's ok guys we can make a bestie circle.(Though I will of course be the best-bestie. I know its not fair, but I dont make the rules :frowning2:)

13. You're definitely right. I needed to do what I want. I'll got to the next meeting for sure. Thanks!

---------- Post added 12th Sep 2012 at 09:09 PM ----------

Alright guys. We have an agreement! We shall unite together!

14. HarleyQ

I think I can live with that :grin: lol

15. Mercy

Mercy Guest

16. IrishLad93

I know this from personal experience as of right now, I have 0 (yes zero) friends.

My closest friends, whom i cant even come out to, are 3000 miles away.
    My friends where I am now threw me to the wayside for a number of reasons including me being gay.

I guess its good for you to know that you're not alone. Everyone is going through these things, especially when stuck in backwater towns like me, and look on the positive side, at least you have 2 friends. Theres nothing wrong with that. Dont be afraid of spending time with yourself.

GSA is your best bet I'd say. If those girls are nasty, let them be. Dont let it bother you, theyre probably miserable or extremely immature and could even be jealous of you!

Hope your next meeting goes well :slight_smile:

17. randomflag

Join clubs and be yourself, let people come to you. I used to worry about making friends in school but appreciate those 2 friends that you already have. They love you and care for you. 2 close friends is a lot, take care and I hope you find what you want.

18. I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. Life gets better, but sometimes it's hard to be patient. I'll be your friend!

You're right, they do care about me. I must be grateful for what I have. It can easily go away if I don't appreciate it.

I hope the meeting goes well. I'll update you guys when it happens.

---------- Post added 13th Sep 2012 at 06:59 AM ----------

Thank you so much. I may learn to appreciate what I have. I'll try my best. Thanks for te the advice!

19. IrishLad93

Yeah I know how that feels! It sucks... I'm just waiting to get away to college pretty much. I hope I'll have more of a chance there :S

Thats a good point. I hope you feel better! + hope the meeting runs smoothly.