1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All I want is a bf but I'm not out and can't accept me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sunnii, Sep 13, 2012.

1. sunnii

When I say I'm not out about 5 people 100% know while practically everyone else assumes/already know. Which I see as a good thing since I know they'd be cool with it. But I just hate talking about being gay And I'm just totally uncomfortable with it even though I'm 1 of those fairly stereotypical feminine gays.

Despite this I've known for definite I was gay almost 5 years ago and I've really wanted a bf for most of if not that whole time. Part of me thinks I should just power through and come out and see what happens because what's happening ATM isnt great. On the other hand I feel like I shouldn't come out till I accept myself.

But if/when I do come out. I don't know how since people assume anyway and I'm not wanting to be all dramatic and they're like "ya we know"

2. rg93

Heheh, yeah, I know what you mean :slight_smile:

Deciding when, how and why you should come out is kind of a gray zone and is always up to the one in question. But I get the feeling that you don't really have to wait until you accept yourself because coming out is a part of accepting yourself. If that makes sense :slight_smile:

The hardest thing is usually finding the guts to actually be able to come out and if you have those and feel confident that you can pull it off and sort of have the urge to, then you are ready. Doesn't really count if they assume, as it's not the same as knowing for sure, because when you do go all dramatic spotlight stealing and come out, they actually will know because you confirmed their assumptions/suspicions! :grin: Besides, a "ya we know" is definitely a better reaction to "omgwtf, how, why?!" :grin:

And yes, everyone wants to have a boy/girlfriend, eventually. But there is always more to the deal, isn't it? Coming out is more of a way of seeing if your friends and family members can and will accept you for who you are. And when you have that and you feel confident and good about yourself afterwards, it's safe to say that you accept yourself. :wink:

THEN you can start thinking about a BF, if the conditions are right. At least thats how I feel about it :slight_smile:

Hope that sort of helped, here's a good luck hug, just in case! (*hug*)

3. nathaniel

nathaniel Guest

well i excepted my self right when i figured out i was gay when i was 13 and it took me 2 years to tell them (my parents), the thing that helped me was becoming part of a lgbt club. it gave me the courage to tell my parents. and dont worry about the reactions. just think about you and when your comfortable with your self just wing it. thats what i did i wrote it on a peice of paper because i was to nervous to say it out loud lol but then i realized its really not a huge deal. and i have great reactions nfrom my parents c: