1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Cutey32, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Cutey32

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I apologize in advance if this becomes a lengthy post but I have a lot on my mind and a lot to say.

First off, Im a 32 year old woman with a daughter who met a woman 2 weeks ago and have been dating her. Prior to meeting her, I had been curious and then sort of bi which I may still be. The issue is, we both have unresolved issues in previous relationships. I have an ex bf I have been with for almost 8 years who does not treat me well but I could not see myself hurting him or not having him in my life. She has a live in ex girlfriend that she is kind of back and forth with so I feel like I might be a rebound even though from my understanding her relationship was not the best either.

The problem is, I don't know how to let my guy go even though I really like this woman, I don't know if I could ever come out to my daughter or my family and don't know if I am indeed a rebound so its too soon for me to uproot my entire life as I know it for something that might just be a fling to her even though I doubt it and think she is great.

Things are moving very quickly with us as we have already been intimate twice, have already expressed that we love each other, and she just met my child. She is more of a butch type even though she isn't necessarily in the bedroom and just told me that she might be pregnant but I think she is joking even though I know after her last relationship ended she tried to switch over to dating me and just happened to me me instead.

I really don't know where this i going and I have serious doubts. I don't know if I should back out now and save us both problems later or wait and see what happens. Either way I don't even know if I could openly be in a lesbian relationship. I'm cool with going out in public and public affection but I don't know how I would react if I ran into someone that I know while with her. What to do, What to do?

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, for a minute there, when you were describing your life, it sounded like you were describing my life. But before I chose to accept who I am. I understand how you feel because I have kids and an ex who's totally heartbroken, but there was no way I could live in denial anymore. I think you should slow down a bit because she's still living with an ex, although I'm pretty sure that it's over between them. You don't have to come out until you're sure about what it is that you want.

As far as your ex, do not go back to him. If the relationship was bad then it's probably safe to say that it's not going to get any better. Do you mind if I ask you how old your daughter is? She needs to be in an environment where it's healthy for her and at the moment, she comes first. You don't have to have everything figured out right now, but you're the only one in control of your happiness. You shouldn't have to sacrifice your happiness for anyone.

#2 pinklov3ly, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I just have a couple of points, firstly you should end things with your ex, if things werent good with him and you started this thing with the girl then however much you feel you dont want to be on your own staying with him doesnt sound like a good idea.

You dont have to come out to people straight away, just take it slow and when you feel like you are ready do it then.