1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to find a balance in my life.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Colombiana, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Colombiana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm having the hardest time reconciling my sexuality with my faith. I don't want to be wicked religious or anything of the sorts but I don't want to go to hell. ): I'm so scared and lately felt so depressed. I don't have a supporting family, but I do have a supporting group of friends.. all whom are straight. I just want to be me. I just want to be with my girlfriend and feel emotionally, physically, and mentally fulfilled without feeling guilty.

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to help you because I'm not religious, but I do believe that God loves us unconditionally. I know many people who struggle with their sexuality due to their religious beliefs including myself. I actually became agnostic because I refused to believe that God hated me, especially for something that I had absolutely no control over. You deserve to be happy, so if coming out is impossible then I suggest that you do so. Hiding who you are causes emotional turmoil, depression, anxiety and the list goes on. You don't have to figure it all out now, but once you start coming out, I think you will feel more confident about yourself. My confidence is through the roof, although it took me years to feel the way that I do now. Just take things day by day and all the pieces will fall into place.

3. Myra48

i know exactly how you feel. i spent my whole therapy session today talking about this exact thing. i dont know what to tell you except that God loves everybody. i have a hard time dealing with this, but know that God does love you. he couldnt have created us only to hate us and send us to hell. i just cant believe that. i like to think that the translation was wrong, that as they passed down through the years they got messed up a little. i believe that the original greek/hebrew bible was inherent or without error, but i dont believe that the bible we have today is what God intended it to be

4. Colombiana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you for the replies.. anyone else have thoughts?

5. aj32

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is one of my biggest problems. Before I admitted I was gay I was actually in college to be a missionary. I have always had a very close relationship with God. That is until I came out. I don't think God loves me any less now than He did when I was studying his word. I do feel like I'm sinning and that is what I can't get past. But I feel like the separation I feel from God now is because of the guilt I feel not because he is upset me. Bottom line God made us and he loves us. Don't shut Him out because you have been taught He hates homosexuality. I really don't feel like God would make me gay and then hate me for it. So I am going to continue talking to God just like I've always done and know in my heart he loves me despite what others might say about my sexuality.