1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got called a worthless leech by my mom.. feel like shit

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jsmurf, Sep 13, 2012.

1. jsmurf

She's right though: I DONT deserve anything good in life. My whole life is a nuisance and a burden for others. I should've just been fucking aborted when she was pregnant with me.

2. swimmingkevo

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

I'm guessing you got into an argument with her. If you post the details of the argument here, our amazing members might be able to help you! (&&&)

And, if it means anything, I'm glad you weren't aborted. The world would not be complete without you in it!

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

3. jsmurf

i calmly told my grandma (who i often take care of when my parents are unavailable) that she should wear hearing aids more often, because it's hard for everyone to repeat things literally 6-7 times for her to understand. That's when my mom interjected, and the gravity of the truth that reverberated from her statement is what got to me. I can't even get a job with FUCKING WALMART!

I'm a total loser... I wish I could shrivel up and die right now, but I'm also too cowardly to commit suicide.

---------- Post added 13th Sep 2012 at 09:45 PM ----------

Thanks for the virtual hugs at least. I feel like nothing's going well in life for me. And even if things will improve, nothing will ever wash away the stain of my current depravity as an umemployed parasite still living with his family, and having the nerve to make complaints nonetheless.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! (*hug*)

Take a deep breath and tell yourself: I'm not a loser! You have your own things that define you, and make others glad to have had the chance to get to know you. And you know what? I am absolutely sure that your grandma appreciates everything you do for her. Imagine, if you wouldn't be around, how your grandma might feel?

You do deserve good things in life. You absolutely do, like everybody else. And you know what? They will happen.

Keep in mind that in today's job market, it will take longer to find a job, even the very entry level jobs at Walmart. But don't give up on looking for a job. One thing that could help you in your job search is to try connecting with people. Talk to people and inquire about opportunities.

Other things to keep in mind when you apply to jobs:
    Do you submit your resume/application online or in person?
    If you have the option of submitting it in person, do that. It is far more effective than submitting it online. That said, if you are submitting a resume/application in person, make sure that you are talking to the right person (such as a manager) and are dressed appropriately.

Does your resume/cover letter speak to the position you are applying to?
    Make sure that your resume highlights your skills that are most relevant to the position you are applying to. If you have held a job before, think about your transferable skills, and highlight them on your resume. Plus, make sure that your resume/cover letter are typed and formatted neatly. Your resume/cover letter is often times the first and second impression that a potential employer will have about you.

5. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All ^this over again. :slight_smile:

Wanting your grandmother to hear better so that she can interact with others easier is not a horrible thing. You got into an argument, and that sucks, but it doesn't make you a bad person.

You are not a parasite - there are many, many people who are living with family right now because they can't find jobs. This is not your fault. And yes, future events and opportunities will overshadow and eventually replace your current "depravity."

To conclude: (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nonsense. You have terrific value as a person. It is clear from the posts you make here, and we all appreciate you.

7. Jared

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

You are not worthless, despite what your mom says. Everyone deserves to be happy. Living at home is not something to be ashamed of, I know lots of people who can't find jobs thanks to the economy and are living with family well into their 20s. You're not a parasite, family is supposed to be there to help you when you're struggling, so don't feel guilty. I'm sure you'll eventually find a job, just keep looking even if it takes a long time.

I know how bad it hurts to have your parents say things like that. All my life my dad has told me what a worthless piece of shit I am and that I don't deserve anything in life. Earlier this week my mom told me she wish I had never been born. It sucks and hurts so much, but you'll get through it. Believe me suicide isn't worth it, I was suicidal for years and I'm now finally starting to move on and I'm starting to see the light at the end of tunnel, it does get better even if it takes a while. Message me if you ever need to talk (*hug*)