1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Clown, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A couple years ago, in my junior year of high school, I met a girl who I had a giant crush on.
    I graduated that year and went to college, losing full contact when she suddenly disappeared from the school too.
    A few months ago, I tried searching for her by her screen name that I knew she had. I actually found her.
    She told me a few interesting things: she felt she was a lesbian. She sometimes felt like she should have been a boy. She was extremely suicidal (but I knew that since I met her).
    Apparently she didn't move (her father is in the military and I was almost certain she moved away in the time I hadn't talked to her).
    Me and my wife then started hanging out with her when we could. I've always felt that she was one of my best friends and that we could be really good friends even though we didn't know each other much.
    A couple weeks after we started hanging out, she calls me and tells me she'd been admitted to a mental hospital after attempting suicide. From then on I was worried. She asked me to go visit her.
    Anyways, I visited her with my wife a few times over the course of a month or so. She tells us that her parents (she was and still is 17) are going to send her to an inpatient-type live-in home in another state. She wasn't sure if it was something they were serious on doing or not.
    A few days after I last talked to her, my wife goes into labor. It was a very stressful day; it's a long and pretty interesting story but off the subject.
    Anyways my son is born and all is perfect.
    My friend calls the next morning (me, being exhausted, didn't notice my phone ringing and wasn't able to hear or answer the call.
    She left a voicemail saying that she's being sent away that day and doesn't know when/if she'd get a chance to talk to us again.
    She tells us to have a good life (which makes me so sad. I really hope it's not an actual goodbye forever).
    I felt like I needed to get this story out.
    I worry about her often (it's been 3 months now) and I hope she's okay and better.
    Since she's 17, a minor there, I don't know her parents name or contact information, and since privacy is a major part of those programs, I don't think there's a way to find out exactly where she is or how to reach her.
    I just pray that she doesn't forget my phone number. I pray she'll call one day telling me how she's doing, where she's at, and that she's okay.
    I feel guilty. I feel like if I were a better friend, I could have helped her before any of that happened.
    Am I crazy?
    I truley miss her.

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

your a hero in my eyes <3

3. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha thanks.
    But it's something that I feel I'm just gonna have to live with for now. :frowning2:

4. Mercy

Mercy Guest

i know it hurts but in the end shel remember you i promise ok ?