1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identity frustrations

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mugwump, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Mugwump

Hey people! Haven't been here in a while. I hope everything in the land of EC has been good. I've been in a dodgy uh, 'major depressive episode' for a few months but getting better. Apparently I might have bipolar but nobody seems to be able to say for sure. Anyhow that aside, it has been bothering me for a long time that I really hate bodies. Lol sounds strange. I don't really find bodies attractive and I certainly don't feel comfortable with mine. I'm not really into sex or kissing either but that's a different issue I suppose. Sometimes I look at myself and just wish that everything that is usually covered by underwear would just disappear. I don't like it. I don't like my chest - I wish they were smaller or just not there. I think about binding but I'm too scared. It's not that I want to be a guy - I'm just not sure I want to be a girl either. I look at other people and wish I was like them. I want to look really androgynous but I don't know how. I just look too girly. I used to wear heaps of shirts and ties and stuff but now I wear more in girly things. I keep looking at dresses and skirts in shops and I like them but if I ever put them on I feel gross/wrong/different. Sometimes I just really want to look like a guy. But I'm just too short and curvy and my face is girly. Sometimes I really want to look girly but it just doesn't feel comfortable when I try it. I've been growing my hair and now all I want to do is shave it off so I can feel less girly. So why do I keep getting drawn towards all the dresses at shops? Its driving me nuts. I don't know who I am or what I want to be. I'm obsessed with how I look/wanting to get new clothes etc but I just keep doing the same old thing because I don't know how to change or what to change to. Can anyone relate?

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldnt say I can relate. Would you say that the time you have felt like this is the same as the time you have been experiencing your drepression phase?

3. Mugwump

Hmm it was through depression but also at other times too. I have felt like this for a long time.