1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

22 and Still confuse

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Piece Of Peace, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Hi!

First I want to thank you in advance for reading my post and leaving your thoughts. Any advice/opinion is welcome.
    --

Long story short, I came out as a lesbian when I was 16 to my mom and a few friends when I met my ex girlfriend. I thought I was a lesbian back then.

I've been with my ex-girlfriend for 3 yrs. We broke up 2 yrs ago (in 2010). After, we broke up, I moved away in my own appartment as we were living togheter.

Since her, I didn't really met any other girls. I mean I met a few, but didn't had sex with any of those. Am I a lesbian? Because all my lesbian friends don't have such a hard time finding someone else. They just jump from a girl to an other. Me myself I can't do it and I can't describe what's the attraction I have for girls...

In the other hand, I've met a few guys I thought cute but ended up ignoring them or cutting them off of my life cuz I didn't wanted to have sex with them.

Now i'm confuse because, neither gender seem appealing to me. I mean, I can find a guy or a girl cute and attractive, but what is it really? Is it a real attraction or is it just that I like their style?

Soon, it will be my 3 years-single-anniversary. I'm so confuse, I just can't choose? I don't know. But in the othe hand, when I came out 6 years ago, I lost all my friends and my mom rejected me (she kicked me out).

After 6 years ignoring her and not talking to my family, my mom and me start to talk again. We take things really slow. But i'm so anxious... she didn't ask about my orientation or if I had someone... we tend to avoid the subject. Well, I like it better that way because I wouldn't know what to say about my orientation.

I'm anxious because I know she doesn't want me to be a lesbian and neither I want to.

Am I in denial of my homosexuality? Am I bisexual/bimantic?

Thanks again for your help!