1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kind of having a bad weekend...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chierro, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So let's see, first off: I'm sick. It sucks, my nose is stuffed and what not.

Soo, Friday: At an away football game and we get to 4th quarter. So we're sitting in the band bleachers and out of nowhere this huge crowd of kids come behind us and starts harrassing us. I, along with our whole top half of the bleachers turned around. Then this douchebag Chris starts screaming at us. And I had enough of him. I started yelling back at him saying 'you're not in charge of us' and 'just stop'. So he said, directly to me,'shut the fuck up', 'you have no friends', 'you never listen'. So I like had enough. Thankfully this girl Amanda tried to calm things down. Finally one of the kids in the crowd threw a lass bottle at us and two upperclassmen went and told our band director. Later, as I was leaving with my parents, I saw Chris telling Alex, my best (possibly, maybe, who fucking knows) friend, 'tell Cody(another band person in our grade) that he needs to...' blah blah blah. Which he had NO RIGHT to do! That night, I put on Twitter: 'I have no friends? Really? #ibegtodiffer #shutup #thanks' To which I got replies from two good friends :slight_smile:

Onto Saturday: I was sick. Worked a kiddy game for 8 hours. With an old lady. Nuff said.

So today: I went to church. Got me some bowling shoes. My family and I took my sister out for lunch. Went to the AT&T store. Boring stuff, right? Well Alex actually texted me. We were talking and he ended up calling my one friend, Chloe, obnoxious. To which I replied: no, shes actually really nice, Chris is obnoxious. So I went on to tell him everything. And you wanna knw what he did. He DEFENDED CHRIS! Not his best friend. I hadn't talked to him since.

I don't know what I'm looking for. Probably just a vent. Idk.

2. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. moonwriter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi :slight_smile:
    I can see why you are upset. First the thing with douchebag Chris, and then being ill, and the old lady on top of that. It's good to let it all out!
    I guess it kind of feels like a wasted weekend, and that really nothing good happened, and that you were stuck doing things you don't like - but you need to always remember that this is simply temporary. One weekend can be terrible, the other one great. It's just a matter of hope and time :slight_smile:

As of to the Douchebag Chris incident - well, first, the twitter proved he was wrong - you have friends. And you see, your friend said this girl was abnoxious - even if it's really wrong, he is still entitled to his own opinion, just as you are entitled to think Chris is bad. You can say that you disagree with him, but really, just remember it's not worth fighting for, and definitely not worth being mad at your best friend - it's not the only thing you will disagree upon :wink:
    OVERALL JUST DONT TALK ABOUT PEOPLE BEHIND THEIR BACKS, and it will solve the problem of your disagreement.
    I should stop blabbering XDDDDD

Anyway, just remember that nothing is worth you suffering, and that you should try to avoid taking things so personally.
    Make the best of you next weekend, and have the nicest week :slight_smile:

4. BudderMC

Ouch. That is a rough weekend.

As for this, well, keep in mind... while Alex didn't defend your opinion, you didn't defend his either. :slight_smile: My point is (like I've said around here before) people's friends and interests change, especially around high school/growing up times. People drift apart. People make new friends, other friends. That's not to say you guys aren't going to be friends anymore or something; maybe he just has more friends too. But the thing is, that's where the messiness around the title of "best friend" comes into play (particularly around friend drama)... there's that expectation that they're to be held to higher expectations than our other friends. One of the things I value about my group of friends is that if there is a dispute, we'll actually disagree and that's fine. We might not be happy with it, but there isn't an expectation that we all have to agree just because we're really close.

Just some food for thought. You've said before that Alex is your best friend for a slew of reasons, but I'm still not necessarily seeing it. Or rather, maybe he's not the type of "best friend" you're looking for (and vice-versa).

5. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So day one of the week didn't work out as swimmingly as planned. I feel like absolute shit. My crush was absent so I didn't get to see him in Study Hall. Was put on a team pf all seniors in Gym class. And my anxiety started acting up again.

We were in gym and my hands were starting to get all wet, one major sign that my andiety and nervousness was acting up. And I knew why, Band was in two periods. I get down to band, we play the National Anthem and then go to play our Alma Mater. Which I suck at. So we're playing and our Band Director, Smith, starts going around and sits in random sections. And I actually sounded good when he sat near us. We get done and he says 'Trumpets 2 and 3 and Trombones play now' and I was the only 2nd, and my first year being 2nd. He then says to go to him on our own time and play by ourselves. I was so mad and angry and embarassed. I hate Smith if you can't tell.

As for Alex, he tried talking to me today like nothing happened. Like no. And yes Budder(Adam, whatever, idc), I know I didn't defend his opinion. But his opinion was: you weren't supposed to be talking, I do have friends and don't really listen. Lets see: Chris was yelling at me so I yelled back, no shit I have friends and Chris is not in charge so I had not need to listen to him. And honestly I've been using the term 'best friend' ever less lightly lately. Things are obviously changing.

@moonwriter The thing is, Alex called Chloe obnoxious but he doesn't know her. I've gotten to know Chloe, and Chris. And Chris is the opposite of Chloe. Chris has just poisoned Alex's mind so much that Alex thinks everything Chris does.

I just feel like today that I'm spiraling out of control. My anxiety's kicking up. My head hurts. Like I just want a day off from school tomorrow to be all chilled out.

6. moonwriter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey! Don't worry, just relax, ultimately, nothing is worth your anxiety.
    Look, I'm pretty sure everyone here wants what best for you - no need to protect yourself from what we tell you, because we never judge, just want to help. What I wrote about Alex wasn't there to justify what he said, but to try and show you a new perspective, that maybe will help you relax :slight_smile:

If you feel it's necessary, don't go to school tomorrow. Chill out, do something you find relaxing, and buckle down, because the school year has just started, and you shouldn't let things disturb you so much :slight_smile:

-Caramel wishes :wink:

7. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a defensive person, just so ya know. And I know Alex has his own perspective, but like I said, Chris has poisoned his mind.

And honestly, I would skip school, granted I am sick so it'd be legit. We're allowed to miss a total of ten days of school and I have three days planned out already. So idk, my parents see how much stress band puts on me, so maybe I will, maybe not.