1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I couldn't say to my friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mario, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Mario

Hello, I have a doubt with some things,
    I told that none except a couple of friends know that i'm gay.
    This weekend were the town festival, and I thought that I could told them all, but in the moment I couldn't.
    I thought that I don't see them a lot, if I told them and they cannot accept, I will be alone in Christmas, because I stay with them in these dates. Other reason is that all of them, in one form or another, they know my family, and I know that my family cannot accept, so I didn't tell them anything for these reasons.
    I know that it isn't the solution, but I could not do other thing, at least this weekend.

What can I do in this aspect?

2. moonwriter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Mario :slight_smile:
    You should pick one friend you trust the most, and tell him\her about yourself. Ask this person to keep it a secret. Later, this person will help you with coming out to more people, if youd like. It's difficult to do on your own!
    Make small steps, tell a person at a time, until you become comfortable with it!
    Best of wishes :slight_smile:

3. Bookmonster

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Bring up the subject with your friends, e.g. what do you think about this law... etc, then you can gauge their reaction. if it's completely negative, don't come out to them, choose someone else. If they seem like they'll be supportive, just go for it and hope. make sure it's someone who you know can keep your secret though, if you don't want everyone knowing.