1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

friend at work

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by flyhigh, Sep 17, 2012.

1. flyhigh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    so i currently have a coworker who ive grown closer with more and more over the past few months. I really really like him and i would drop it completely if i could but i cant help but feel like he feels the same way. Basically he claims to be straight, which for all i know can be true, but whenever we work i am the center of his attention and vice versa. We just talk all night about different things and generally make eachother laugh etc. nothing i do can piss him off even though if someone else gets in his way hell get angry. usually he stays close by me and stands really close when were talking and stares at me the whole time. also before i started working in the same department i would always catch him staring at me and he would go out of his way to talk to me. hes mentioned other girls before but has never held a relationship as well. then finally the other night we went out together to buy weed off of a kid and we sat around for an hour talking about everything we could and the time didnt seem to bother either of us. Then i left and as i was driving home he called me on the phone just to talk about stuff even though id never talked on the phone with him before... im just getting confused about this and dont want to let my emotions take the better of me and ruin a good friendship and could really use some thoughts and advice here.:help:

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's always hard to say in situations like these - a lot of signs can be taken a lot of different ways. If you're getting along with him so well, is coming out to him an option? That would be a good first step - the more you clarify the situation, the more you can avoid potential misunderstandings. If you don't feel you can come out to him (I mean him specifically, as opposed to coming out in general), then that might be a red flag to consider. But if you do, it might give him a chance to do the same to you, if he is, indeed, attracted to men.

Basically, the more honest you are, the better - but keep the revelations down to one per conversation (telling him you're gay and that you like him should probably be different times).

Also, welcome to the site! Hope you like it here.