1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should I say to him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kylegf2011, Sep 17, 2012.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The other day I wrote a post about a guy that goes in my bus that wears a rainbow bracelet, many of you said that the chances that he is gay or bi are quite high, and if he isn´t he might be understanding. So I thought I might as well go talk to him, but I don´t know what to say, I don´t know if I should say something about the bracelet... I just don´t know what to say or how to act. Because he might no be gay at all :confused: So what should I say to him? or how should I approach him?

#1 kylegf2011, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  2. o0351i

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would say it's a safe bet he's gay/supportive of the LGBT community. If I were you, I would just say, "hey nice, bracelet..." if he smiles at the compliment, introduce yourself and go from there.. I'll talk to anyone though so it really depends on your comfort level of striking up conversation with a complete stranger :slight_smile:

3. Rynotaur

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    +1 for that previous one, That would be pretty safe, or just strike up a random conversation about whatever the view is or the weather is or whatever that day, and just slip in the bracelet thing, i think it might be a tad weird if you just say that out of nowhere :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, you don't have to focus on "that's a rainbow bracelet - does that mean you're gay?" You can jump off from there and go a different direction. "I like that bracelet - can I ask where you got it?"

Lex

5. Zach12345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^^^ Up there like perfect just be like "Hey I like your bracelet? Are you gay? Or just support them?"