1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A dilemma in approaching this guy.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BudderMC, Sep 17, 2012.

1. BudderMC

This isn't exactly a pressing matter, but I'm not seeing a valid "reason" to approach this guy.

Basically, I had a tutorial for using the darkrooms for my school's photo club. There were 4 of us there to learn, and one of the guys was really cute. Given that there was a sign-up list online of who was taking which tutorial timeslot, I quickly figured out who he was and didn't a little Facebook creeping (purely for interest's sake :wink:).

Now, like most people his Facebook was pretty locked down, which was fine... but it turns out that he actually has some pretty impressive photographic talent, in my opinion anyways. And I think he's in engineering too! Now, I have no idea if he's straight or gay or whatever, and that's not my concern... but if he seems like a cool guy and I wanted to tell him how I thought his work was really good, how do I go about doing that? I mean, I can't exactly say "oh, I saw your photos as I was creeping your Facebook", and I think we have 1 mutual friend, so it's not really viable for me to have stumbled upon his page any other way.

Or, how inadvisable would it be to message him or whatever and just be like "yeah, so I was looking at your Facebook and saw your photo page, your stuff is pretty sick"? Only because I'm sure it would raise the "why were you on my Facebook" question, and I don't want to lie...

This seems unnecessarily complicated, but I'm not sure how to dumb it down. :rolle:

2. ForceAndVerve

Ye, it would be pretty creepy if you just told him you were facebook stalking him. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Could you maybe get the mutual friend in on it? And say, send him a message saying that your mutual friend showed/recommened you look at his "work"?

Other than that, your only hope if that you work out some way or natrually stumbling accross his work.

Or he's gay and actually would'nt mind some guy on FB checking out his profile and looking at his work. But that's just fantasy. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Or get to know him so you actually have more of a real reason to look him up on facebook. Its better then just going "I saw your name on the list and.."

3. NordicSpirit

You could ask him about his work and ask to see it, then compliment him on it without letting him know you were checking out his facebook page. Although to be honest, he probably wouldnt be freaked out about you looking him up. Lets face it, which one of us hasnt checked out someones page like that?

4. SnowLeopardLove

I have to agree with NordicSpirit

i've scoped out people via facebook, thats probably why i have two accounts.....

as for getting to know him a bit better, take a look at interests and maybe find something out that way? i dont know, but maybe he is into drag racing (Not Ru Paul's drag race.... like Rally racing or 1.4 mile racing or something) and maybe you could strike up a conversation about that.... or just flat out asking what his interests are.....