1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conflict with coming out!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by l0stinthsw0rld, Jan 28, 2008.

1. l0stinthsw0rld

Out Status:
    A few people
    Quite a few of my friends i have came out to and all. But i was thinking after all the pain and emotions i have went through to come out i will have to start all over in college! Ugggh so why bother i mean it takes alot to come out! Im just so confused can someone tell me why i should try now!?

2. SkyTears

I though the same thing you did and still do sometimes but then i notice that i can just be myself around my friends and not be fake and i remember why i did in the first place.

3. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Each time you come out to someone it gets easier the next time you meet someone new. Consider the opportunities to come out now as helping you to gain the strength to do it again in college. Plus, if you're not out, how can the other gay boys find you?

4. l0stinthsw0rld

Out Status:
    A few people
    lol how true i would like the other guys to find me but i am still hesitant to coming completely out because i feel some of my hot friends that are not gay will drift slowly away because of the awkardness!

5. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Well when you go to college, if it's far away or whatever, you can tell everyone that you're gay there, piece by piece worked pretty well for me. It took me a little while but I eventually came out to everyone I know at college, and it felt really good. I don't feel any bad vibes from any of my friends either. Better yet if done right you still have the freedom to choose when you tell who you truly care about telling. My friends from Florida and Ohio don't know about me, which is good, I'm happy to have some control over who knows what when. My Ohio friends will have to wait till I can get face to face, and my Florida friends can know when my Ohio friends know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Wired106

Ooo! I was talking to a friend about this that's in college. He said it is so much easier if you just start out being gay in college and just be completely open about it right off the bat when you enter college because it'll make your life so much easier. As for me, I might do that but I'm not sure about telling people in my high school, even my clsest friends because I go to an all guys school lol and if everyone found out somehow..... That would NOT be good lol

7. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I think I second the thing about just starting off being gay from the very beginning. Although I agree this is probably easily said than done...

8. Alexander

Don't worry about coming out in college. When people ask you, you can always tell them (and they WILL ask).