1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm crying and confused! Please help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GTR36, Sep 18, 2012.

1. GTR36

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have been on these forums for only a short amount of time. But I have come to realize that this may be the place to bare it all. I have come out. But I feel there is sooooo much more. I want so badly to be a women. I have always felt this way.

I am married and even my wife tells me this, but I am so caught up in stereotypes and what my father thinks, that I can't get past it.

Any advice.

Please.

2. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your wife knows? What does she say?
    And how do you know you want to be female?

Although its nice to take into account others in your life, you have to do what you feel is best for yourself. If you really think you'd be happier as a female then perhaps look into it.

It is a big decision so don't make it lightly.
    I don't want to give any wrong advice other than think about what changes will happen in your life if you go through with it.
    It's a wonderful thing that you came here for advice.
    I'm sure you'll get some great guidance.

3. J Snow

Hi there.

You seem pretty confident about being trans. You said your wife knows, but is she supportive?

I can totally relate to being worried about family. They don't accept me being gay, so I haven't told them I'm trans yet, and I've already started transitioning. Its a very scary feeling =/

The fact is that if you are married and living your own adult life, being happy with yourself should be more important than having parents in your life.

4. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    in time you're family we'll accept you on your decisions if this is really what you wanted to do then you should open up to your parents. and maybe think to yourself is this really what i wanted to do in my life if its really that strong and you really wanted to do it then why let someone else stop you. people will accept you no matter what your decision is if they don't accept you for what you want then they don't really know you and don't really respect the stuff that you want for your life.