1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zie, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Zie

Zie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I guess I should start off by saying that I am female and fourteen years old. I am also bisexual if that has anything to do with this.

I am currently confused about what my gender is mentally. I did some research and I find myself feeling comfortable with using the term genderqueer. I am not sure if it is the correct term to use for me, as I can not imagine myself in the future being female. When I try and imagine myself female in any kind of circumstance in my mind, I feel uncomfortable and wrong.

I have not had any strong dislike for my physical female body nor do I feel completely horrified in it nor do I despise it. Whenever my minds wander I am male and I like to introduce myself on the internet as male for I feel better for it, seeing people write about me or discuss me and use male pronouns. I also tend to give a unisex name for it shows how I feel somewhat.

I have medium long hair, I do not wish to get it cut in a male haircut or shorter than my chin. I would not feel comfortable. Though if I had been born male, I would have it quite short or shorter than my chin. When I look down and see my breasts now that I know of this term, it makes me feel a little shifty.

I don't know if I have used the term genderqueer correctly nor if I am something else but I would appreciate it greatly if someone could help me out with this. Thank you.

2. Chrissouth53

I wouldn't worry to much about it right now. You're 14 and still developing sexually and in sexuality.

Look around at a lot of these posts and elsewhere... people don't want to be labeled so don't spin your wheels right now trying to label yourself. Just see where life leads.

3. TheGreyMan

Personally, you do seem kinda androgynous in terms of your gender from what you have said. You don't really float towards either side and yeah, that's what being a genderqueer is all about. Thankfully, you don't have that much dysmorphia, either. So I guess you can just ride this out and do what feels right in the end.

4. FollowtheFreeman

I always say this and I'll say it again. Give it time.

A lot of the time it takes someone a long time to recognize their sexuality and to be comfortable with it. Some people may realize that they're gay at a young age, sometimes at an older age. Don't force yourself into over-complicating things, that'll only end up hurting you. Give yourself time to come to terms with yourself.

Personally for me I thought I was straight until I was 17, and then I thought I was bisexual. It took me another two years to finally accept my pansexuality. Now I personally think that it's harder for people to identify as bisexual and pansexual (it was for me) so don't judge yourself harshly or too quickly.

Again, give yourself time. Trust me it will help.