1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like my straight best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jayboy999, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Jayboy999

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    So I met this guy when I started freshman year and he started talking to me and he always wanted to hang out but by sophomore year we became good friends and usually hang out alone and this summer we were mostly inseparable we did everything from the gym to sleepovers together he is straight and I've developed a crush on him but I'm confused about him because when we are alone we wrestle and get very close and we smile into eachothers eyes for a while when he's in my face and I'm pinned down on his bed we even sometimes play with eachothers hands when we are alone watching movies or about to sleep and if I'm in the right position he will jokingly lay his whole body on my back in a humping position for a while. He is very good looking and every girl likes him but he isn't into anyone and doesn't try to get with any of them and every one makes jokes saying we are eachothers boyfriends and stuff and he even said when he first met me he thought I was legit gay lol and what makes me think he is actually straight is he plays sports watches sports talks about them and works out a lot and when we are alone we act different and we have movie nights in his basement alone and we rest our head on eachother usually and always lean on eachother when watching tv and once he put his whole leg over mine on the couch and caught very close when we were alone and we have deep talks and he even showed me his family photo albums but he sometimes lies about his plans and he always answers my texts but sometimes really late or seem not interested and Ive been really jelouse about everything and fight him a lot and cant stop thinking about him and oh yea when we swim alone together he always attacks me and hold me tight for a while and he is always wears just his briefs or boxer over summer when we are alone and he always jokingly calls my name when he scratched his crotch because I act like it bothers me and we make jokes about how people think we are gay and stuff and we both have good reps in school and we are what you call "cool kids" even though I don't feel like that at the moment also once he pinned me down on his bed and he was wearing basketball shorts and I was face up he held my arms down and worked his way up to my face and tried to put his crotch in my face in a jokingly way and we were alone too. But he says he is straight and also he has one best friend who came out and is gay and they used to always hang out then we started talking more than they did and now that guy is supposedly straight and my crush always protects him and says he is straight and also me and him drink and get high alone and one unforgettable moment was once we smoked and we were sitting outside on a couch and he sighed and snuggled his head on my shoulder and it was sunset and we just say there like that for a while I need to know if hes curious like me or not cuz its killing me

2. Gen

Gen

Breath Man!! lol.

Going off of the things you have described it is understandable that you question his true orientation. However, it is pretty difficult for us to figure out his actual sexuality, because he could just be a more affectionate person. We cant really know unless he says it. Even if he is bisexual or gay, he could be completely unaware of it at the time, or in extreme denial. So its alittle hard to give advice.

If you are not comfortable with coming out to him, maybe you could trying giving back what you are getting. If he is being affectionate and flirty with you, return the favor and see how far you can push it (Without getting creepy, of course :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Maybe when he puts his leg on top of you, move yours and put it on top of his. Or if he lays on you, rollover and lay on him.

Point in case, you cant know how he truly feels unless you ask him. Assuming that you probably arent open to full out telling him about these feelings right now, then you can atleast see if his affection is just his personality or if he is trying to open up oppertunities for you give push back.

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it does sound like he could be a bit curious, but then again it's hard to tell and be certain. He could just be really comfortable and "affectionate" in a friendly way with you. Like Gen said, be a little bit flirty back and see how he takes it. Personally, going by his actions, he does seem to be a bit more unconventional than the average straight guy that I know.