1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not ready to come out to just anyone, but people keep trying to set me up with guys.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sol4r, Sep 18, 2012.

1. sol4r

sol4r Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay so, I really am not ready at all to come out to people unless they ask me first for the most part. But lately, there's this girl in one of my classes that's like, obsessed with setting me up with guys. She's a really nice person, and I'd love to be her friend, so I'm really scared of scaring her off I guess (and I don't want her friends to know), but it's really awkward for me a lot. How do I get her to stop without telling her I'm gay?

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Re: Not ready to come out to just anyone, but people keep trying to set me up with gu

Tell her that you don't need to be in a relationship at the moment.

3. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Not ready to come out to just anyone, but people keep trying to set me up with gu

I agree.
    Tell her that you have plenty on your plate right now and that you'd rather give it some time before adding to that.

4. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

^ Yup, just tell her you don't want to be in a relationship right now. You need to focus on school, etc. before trying to date at this young an age. Or you could also say that you don't want to be "set up." You'd rather meet someone on your own and have it happen naturally.