1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told him and now I cant look in his eyes

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Aniot, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Aniot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I told my best friend (and crush) that I like guys. Before I told him I asked if I told him whatever I have to tell if he would get cold with me. He said no and I told him. He said that he already suspected since May. Now the person that he's being cold it's me and when I'm around him I don't look at him neither talk to him. And I don't know why! I have some problems with my mood, i can be very well or very bad in the same day. But this week i being all bad and feeling really bad. Just don't know what to do.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So maybe it would help if you started slowly and just told yourself that next time you see him you will smile and say 'hi, how are you?' and just start by doing that each time you see him and then try and make the conversation longer and look at him more.

3. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i had the situation... just breathe in and out and relax smile and say hi....

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I think some people tend to say things to spare someone's feelings. And, unfortunately they do not always mean what they say, but in this case I think you should talk to him about it. If it's too difficult talking to him about it in person, try sending him a message on Facebook. I know the circumstances are different, but my sister acted completely different around me once I came out. Initially, she stated that she had no problem with it; however, it was obvious that she did because she avoided me.

Are you feeling moody because of him or for other reasons?

5. Boyle

Boyle Guest

Sometimes people say things to comfort the feelings of that person for that moment in time just not to look bad on the spot. But since he's a close friend of yours he's probably getting used to you being gay and he's just adjusting, maybe slowly. Sit down with him and have a small chat and ask him if he's uncomfortable with you or not.

Believe, it took me a very long time to finally admit to myself I was Bi, imagine how long other people could take. I have faith in you and your friend though, I think you can mend this.

6. Aniot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This afternoon I tried to talk a bit more to him again, not about my coming out. I didn't mentioned but he was trying to start a conversation since monday ( I came out to him on Saturday) and I gave him some monotonous answer.

I believe that he meant what he said. He said it again when I came out.

I don't know why I am moody, I really don't. I don't have a reason that I can express. I'm just moody. I don't know if it is because I believe so bad that he likes me too but I think that he will never tell anything to me, even If I say that I like him. I don't know =/

7. alberz

alberz Guest

I know how you feel. I’ve been on both sides, and when a guy I wasn’t attracted to came out to me, it didn’t make me at all uncomfortable or change my feelings about him at all. Then again, I’m bi, and open to anyone’s sexual orientation anyway, so it shouldn’t have done. I don’t know how I’d feel if a guy I had a crush on came out to me, but I think it would only make him more attractive. :icon_wink

On the other side, I once had a crush on a guy I thought was bi, and admitted it face-to-face. It was actually a huge relief for me when he said he was straight, since I didn’t really want to do anything physical, and it was just a crush. He was really nice about it, and said a lot of people think he’s gay, but he didn’t himself think he was. My attraction to him immediately vanished, but I felt awkward and behaved awkwardly around him for a while after that. With me, it just took a little time to get over it.

It helped me to think about when I had been on the other side, and how I hadn’t thought any less of the one coming out -- except maybe a slight admiration for his courage in telling me, actually. I don’t know anything about your situation -- or what the norms are in your country -- but your friend may really not view you any differently to before. Just try to remember that, and that there was nothing wrong or stupid about telling him.

8. scaredtobeme

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You may be feeling moody because now that you have told him you're gay, you also want to tell him that you like him more than friends. It is hard to tell, but from what you have said that seems like the problem. You don't want to lose him as a friend, I know. Find out his feelings toward the situation. He obviously wants to still be your friend. Don't feel ashamed to have strong feelings for him. It happens to a lot of people.

9. Aniot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I believe you're right. The thing that mess with my head more is the fact that he suspected for a while that I like guys (since May) and he made some strange things in the meanwhile. I told it in my first thread http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/64206-crush-my-best-friend.html. Not i have many questions like if what he has done was a way to find out or to me to tell him that I like guys or if he really like me.

Sometimes I found myself thinking that I cannot think that he like me too and that I can't overthink about his acts, but in the other side I want... Oh God this head is a mess...