1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christian up bringing

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LesbianStar, Sep 19, 2012.

1. LesbianStar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I had a very Christian up bringing. I was taught to respect men and do what ever they said no matter what they said. Now, I am 20 years old. I am trying to find myself. My whole family is Christian, All of my few "friends" are Christian.

I am so unsure if this is really happening. I am a Lesbian. But, I have moments were I am not sure or do not think I am strong enough to be a lesbian. I think once I make a small circle of Leabian,Gay, and Bisexual friends I will feel stronger.

I want to be a lesebian. My main problem is that I live under so many people who think it is bad to be a lesbian. I have no way of getting out from under all these people. I just think that I need a groulp of friends who know and understand me. I want friends who will support me and encourage me.

How do I find friends like this?

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know how difficult it can be trying to be yourself when those surrounding you are not supportive. Try joining a dating website, there are plenty of good people looking for friends. Or how about finding a LGBT support group in your area. You may have to go alone the first time since you're not out, but try to be brave, you can do it :thumbsup:

I'm looking for friends at the moment and although you're far away, we can be friends (*hug*) But, only if you want to be :smilewave

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's precisely what we're here for. To be your support and guidance and cheering section and agony aunt when you need it. :slight_smile:

And there is a way of getting out from under them. It may not be easy or pleasant, but I'm betting the end result will be worth it.

Lex

4. Boyle

Boyle Guest

(*hug*) First of all, this is my way of saying hello to you, you need a hug. (Believe me you need one, and I need one myself to lol)

First I of all I would just like to say that (assuming that you are Christian) you should still continue of love and feel compassion for your parents and friends even if they reject your ideals because Christianity is a religion with the core values of love and compassion. It can be hard but guess who is the stronger and wiser when that happens.

I would suggest looking for friends in your area and finding gay or lesbian bars? That should do in my opinion.

And of course if all else fails you have emptyclosets.com hahha.

Good luck dear.

5. CodePink

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are 20 which means soon you'll be able to strike out on your own and surround yourself around others who support you and are like you. I know right now it may seem hard and uncomfortable to try and be something you're not and be subject to negative opinions about what you believe, but time will change that.

Start now volunteering with other LGBT youth or just striking out on your own and making your own self identity. One you can live with..others will judge you or persuade you to think on their ideals and you'll be miserable...they live their lives..you have the same right to live yours.

6. everett

Yoohooo, you have a community of buddies right here! Of course you will want to find folks out there as well in the flesh and not just online here too but you do have access to friends here as well! =D