1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LadyDay77, Sep 19, 2012.

1. LadyDay77

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi. I just joined here and need an advice. Ok. I am a married woman. My husband knows I'm bi. He thinks it's okay if I would explore this side of myself with someone. Anyway. There might be someone. It is my private teacher who I met a year ago. Ever since Day 1 she has given me these looks..long looks. They leave my eyes to my lips. Down to my breast area, onward to my hips..this has happened from the start. She always complimented me. It was either my jacket, bag, appearance in general. And those looks. Mild flirting? Wish I knew. Anyway, I gave her a card at the end of our spring semester and told her just how much I appreciated her and how happy I was for the fact that she was my teacher. I also told her that I thought she is talented and it is a privilege to be taught by her. She didn't read my card there and then, but we metagain few days later in a concert where I was performing. Once she saw me,she came to me and hugged me and thanked for the card. Then she kind of got anxious or nervous,angry even and said "when someone says something like this to me,I take It seriously. So I hope you meant It too." I was really confused at this point. Kept thinking is she really mad at me. After the concert she came to talk to me again. Gave a big hug and wished lovely summerbreak. Again left me confused:icon_redf So. After the summerbreak.we met again and she gave me a long long hug. i remember thinking wooa is this a long hug and just enjoyed the closeness. She has started to hug me every time we meet and those Hugs last. I really like her. She is beautiful,witty,funny,sympathetic...married.. I am confused about her behaviour. Does she like me? I can't really go and ask. It would be so akward.. Ever since last year I have sensed something from her side. I just don't know What It is. What do you guys think?

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems to me like, she is very interested in you considering the long hugs etc. Obviously, she knows that you're married and she's married too, so she's probably not sure what to do next. Perhaps, sending her some flowers to her job will do the trick. Write on the card from, ”Your favorite student” or just leave her guessing. Ask her what's her favorite first and then send them. She's going to know that they're not from her husband, plus I think it's totally innocent. It's also just another way to get her attention and then go from there :slight_smile:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! From the sounds of it, it seems that a few things are happening here, though I would tend to think that there is quite a possibility that she might like you. Now how deep that 'liking' goes is hard to say, as people can also be quite affectionate without necessarily having strong physical attractions. Given that the both of you are married, in committed relationships, I would tread carefully.

Does she know that you are bisexual? What are your feelings for her? Do you feel attracted to her?

4. LadyDay77

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Pinklov3ly: I thought about sending her a single red rose with no note. She does most of the teaching at her own studio at home so that might just work. It would be great to see if she suspected me.. But she might get angry again. I really still think about last spring and how she reacted to my card.

---------- Post added 20th Sep 2012 at 03:39 AM ----------

Mirko: she once asked me in between of something else If I was married. I thought that was odd. I said yes,but go the other way too. Boy, do I have feelings for her? I am infatuated and so afraid she'll see it in me. I think she has seen it. Yes, I have feelings for her. How deep they are remain to be seen. Yes. Definitely I feel attracted to her. It's just It. When she does these things, I start acting like a 15year old. Blush, tremble, get so anxious I can't find a word to say to her. It's embarrasing! And you know what, I'm not shy at all! It's all because of her. I have never felt this way about another woman and it confuses me. I would not say I love her yet, but It is definitely true warm feeling. I do care about her deeply!

---------- Post added 20th Sep 2012 at 03:41 AM ----------

Mirko: she once asked me in between of something else If I was married. I thought that was odd. I said yes,but go the other way too. Boy, do I have feelings for her? I am infatuated and so afraid she'll see it in me. I think she has seen it. Yes, I have feelings for her. How deep they are remain to be seen. Yes. Definitely I feel attracted to her. It's just It. When she does these things, I start acting like a 15year old. Blush, tremble, get so anxious I can't find a word to say to her. It's embarrasing! And you know what, I'm not shy at all! It's all because of her. I have never felt this way about another woman and it confuses me. I would not say I love her yet, but It is definitely true warm feeling. I do care about her deeply!

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay... um, that's quite the situation you have got yourself on your hands.

Honestly, I don't think it is embarrassing; I actually think it is cute. But maybe it is just me.

Is it possible that your own feelings for her, and the fact that you care for her deeply, cloud your perception of her own signals that she is sending. I'm just putting it out there, so that maybe you can think about it, and see if there are also situations where you would get the opposite feeling from her when she talks/speaks with you.

However, if she has noticed that you do have a crush on her, and that your behaviour changes when you are around her, I wouldn't think it would be fair from her to string you along and keep asking you probing questions.

Given the situation, you have to ask yourself, what is in your best interest? How far would you be prepared to go with this?

6. Bree

You also said that SHE's married, right? You should maybe check in on her relationship with her husband first. The last thing you want to do is get involved with a woman who is going behind her first lover's back.

7. LadyDay77

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep, some situation all right! yea,I have thought that would It be just me hoping there is something, but that does not explain the hugging and that gaze. What really makes this whole situation strange is the way she acts. I don't understand why she would throw her hands around my neck and squeeze me the way she does. I usually put my arms above her waist, and she is the one who presses against me. I hug like this with my husband. I have seen her with other students and she does not hug or look at them like this. I wondered once that maybe she thought I dressed the way she doesn't approve but she knew I am goth and told me once I looked incredibly hot.Hmm.. I usually can tell if someone likes me like that, but this time... I guess I just might call the florist and send her that rose.Thanks Mirko! It's great to hear opinion from someone who is good with words. I will most definitely look at our next class with a different perspective. But if she again comes this near to me.. It's kind of hard.. You know what I mean.. As for how far I would go with this. As far as she would want. A fling? If my husband ever changed his mind, I wouldn't go there. He is the kind of a man,who is very tolerant with gay people and his jealousy only concerns other men around me.

---------- Post added 20th Sep 2012 at 07:12 AM ----------

Bree: I haven't made a move on her. It is she who is making moves on me. I started liking her after she started coming closer. Believe me, I feel terrible as it is. Everytime she gives me those looks and hugs, I'm confused! I hate feeling this way.I simply needed an advice and some sort of alter on these signals she is giving me. I have never been with a woman so I don't know.

8. LadyDay77

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    can't write straight anymore.

9. Mango

Neither of you will ever know for certain, unless someone takes the extra step for confirmation. The next time that she hugs you, perhaps you could also give her a light peck on the cheek, as you embraced. Make sure that the hug is mutual.