1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some questions!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stephaniesbaby, Sep 19, 2012.

1. stephaniesbaby

hi guys! So I'm new here! I have loads of questions about transitioning from mtf ... anyone wanna answer?? lol :eusa_danc

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to Empty Closets! You have come to the right place to start finding answers to your questions. What are some of the questions that you have? :slight_smile:

3. stephaniesbaby

Hello Mirko! and thanks for replying! The thing is, I met someone who is currently transitioning mtf, he currently is still presenting as male cuz he just started hormones and he doesnt feel comfy yet. I've never been in a relationship like this before, but I honestly think im in love lol ... one of my biggest questions is how can I help him get more comfy with himself during this time? He's terrified of coming out, especially at work, and it doesn't help that he hates how he looks... and it's sad cuz he's beautiful! and he's going to be absolutely amazingly gorgeous after everything is done lol ...i just need some ideas on how to help him get through this part...you know, like growing boobs while still having facial hair... am i making any sense? lol

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awe! You are awesome and such a sweetheart for wanting to help him through his transition. Be the shoulder that he needs to lean on. Just keep reassuring him that you'll stick by his side through it all, which by the way isn't going to be peaches and cream. Perhaps, try going to the library or with the click of a mouse, try researching documentaries about transgenderism. I watched this one documentry with this girl who really struggled with her body.

I couldn't imagine how that must feel, so choose your words very carefully. I mean, you shouldn't have to walk on eggshells, but just try to put yourself in his shoes at the moment. He may be beautiful to you, but inside he probably doesn't feel the same way. He's so lucky to have someone as amazing as you :slight_smile:

#4 pinklov3ly, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  5. stephaniesbaby

awww! thanks Pinklov3ly! :slight_smile: He's such an amazing person...he's kind, gentle, sweet, funny, silly, really smart...he's just...he's just wonderful! But he's really struggling with his body. he has a hard time just allowing himself to look even look at girl clothes at the mall because of his male body...but he's tiny! lol...his structure is kinda feminine...so it makes it easier, but still...for him, it's not enough...I cant imagine having to have those thoughts...and it just tears me apart...I'm hoping that when we get our own apartment, he'll feel more comfy if I do little things for him thats a little more girlish :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm just really worried that I am either treating him too guyish, or too girlish...I don't know whats too much or not enough at this point...sigh