1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help... online dating advice neeeded

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LesbianStar, Sep 19, 2012.

1. LesbianStar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I do not know how to online date. I keep striking out and having the people I am chatting with cancel their email. What kinds of things are appropriate to talk about when talking to someone you’re interested in? How soon is it good to ask about meeting in person? I am out of ideas help any advice will be good. I like this girl but I do not want to scare her away like I have so many others.

If you have any, any tips on how to online date please share.:thumbsup:

2. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Well, let's start off with which sites you're using. For example, looking for a serious relationship on a "hook-up" site will not get you very far.

Since you've already got a date on this one, I wouldn't recommend getting very personal AT ALL while communicating through the computer. Whomever you're sending the message to may get the wrong idea and you may come off as -for lack of a better word- creepy.

I hope this helps :wink:

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think its really hard to say because the right amount of time will be different for each person. It is also different depending on how frequent the messages are and stuff. How long have you been leaving it so far before you ask to meet up. Is it at this point that everyone has been cutting you off or has it varied?

4. Lorenzo27

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Its not to much hard to ask a girl for date if you have a good conversation with her.But don't ask any girl for date until you have a lot of information about her like her hobbies,what things he love to do than share your ideas with her.and when you think you have a lot of thing to talk with her and she is also take intrest in you than ask for a date....

5. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I think just sharing common interests with each other, is always good. You could always talk about certain movies that are out in theaters and see if she'd like to go to one. Or even just ask if she'd like to go for a coffee or something. I would be much more willing to go to coffee with someone than to dinner and a movie, it would feel like the pressure is off. Suggest doing something casual you both like, maybe going to play a game of pool or something.

Another thing is that some people just don't feel confident enough to meet people in real life as much as they'd like to.