1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking I might not be genderqueer after all?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bree, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Bree

What if I decided I was wrong? Would that be okay? Would I get judged for that?

2. Gen

Gen

Why and who would you be judged by?

I dont see a problem with figuring out that you arent genderqueer.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We don't call it questioning because you have to know the answer ahead of time.

4. seeksanctuary

Well, I'm certainly not going to judge you.

It happens. Anyone who thinks less of you for it is a waste of your time.

5. I'm assuming you're worried about this because you've come out to people as genderqueer already. When I was questioning and just starting to accept that I was trans, I always wondered what would happen if, after making such a big deal about things, I realised I was a girl after all. My logic was that, here I was, putting my family through so much stress; what if it turned out that everything was unnecessary? Their pain, their suffering, going out of their way to drive me to gender therapists and endocrinologists in different cities --- none of that would have had to happen if I could have kept this to myself for a little while longer. I'm at a point where I don't have these kinds of doubts anymore, but I can imagine that perhaps that is how you're feeling? Like somehow you've inconvenienced people by coming out, and now you have to go through the process a second time, only to possibly inconvenience them again? Or am I off the mark?

Anyway, you probably will be judged, but you can't let that stop you. Before you came out as genderqueer, you may have felt stifled by having to pretend to be someone you felt you weren't; now the tables are turned, and hiding that aren't really GQ will be equally as difficult, if not more so. You were wrong, but will you let your pride get in the way of you admitting that to people and continue to live a lie? That's something only you can decide.