1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

asked out by a guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Myra48, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Myra48

so this guy at college asked me out. i said yes because, me being stupid, thought because were friends. but then it dawned on me that he asked me out on a date. i dont know what to do. i cant tell him that im gay because its a christian college, it would sure get rid of him, but... since classes started, we've been good friends, i dont want to wreck that friendship. he was so sweet to. what would you do?

---------- Post added 19th Sep 2012 at 09:06 PM ----------

also i dont know how this could happen, i try to look like a boy, (I bind, wear hoodies and baggy cargo pants) how could a guy actually ask me out

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What sort of date did he ask you out on? If it's just a generic one (with nothing specific planned), you might steer it towards a more friendly activity. Going bowling or mini-golfing or something. If it's to dinner and a movie, you might see if you can choose the restaurant (McDonald's) and movie (something not at all romantic).

Lex

3. PurpleCrab

Well.... maybe, since you bind and look like a boy and all, maybe he's up for a date with the male you? As in, maybe he's open minded, or plain bisexual. It's possible.

You don't need to come out at all unless it becomes serious in any form you know. If you're not interested in him at all since you're just into girls, I suggest you play the oblivious card and just have a friend's outing with him. If he tries to become intimate, just gently push him back and admit you only thought of him as a friend and that you'd prefer to keep it that way.

Yes, I'm suggesting to friend-zone him :lol:

Even straight girls aren't attracted to all the boys. If he asks why, tell him he's not your type, and you're not really lying.

4. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    Friend-zone usually implies that the romantic attraction is mutual, and that doesn't seem to be the case here :lol:. But yeah, what PurpleCrab said is good advice; good luck :slight_smile:

5. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i like that look. There's a good chance i'd think you're very attractive like that.

6. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    Just thought I should clarify myself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. HunterN95

Maybe thats why he is attracted to you... Because he sees you as a male. Maybe he assumed you were a gay guy? It is very likely, even at a christian college! No matter what happens though, I wish you luck :slight_smile: