1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little coming out help please

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dreamerkid, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Dreamerkid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I plan to recome out as trans (FtM) I told my mom but she was convinced it was a phase so I plan to text her and my dad as well (we all live together) saying that I want to be a boy. I'm prepared to talk about it I just can't deal with the face to face rejection again. They will accept me no matter what I just can't deal with them saying its a phase. I want to tell my dad because he'll get me my binders that I desperately need because the ace bandages I have now keep slipping and don't bind flat enough. (I use old ones so they're not as tight
    And are actually pretty comfortable. But I need binders. I already tried with my mom via letter and she refused to read it and well... It ended in a sobby mess. So ya any tips or suggestions I'm already saving to get a binder and am scraping up the $30 bucks I need. (!)

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Text messages might be good, but if your mom refused to read a letter, couldn't she refuse to read a text too, or deny that she's read it?

Face-to-face rejection is tough, but if you can hold your ground and insist, confidently and assertively every time, that it's not a phase, confronting them more directly (or at least your mom) might be something to still consider.

Have you not told your dad yet? Maybe your next step would be just talking to him about it - he might even be able to help you deal with the question of how to approach your mom. I'm guessing he knows her pretty well, after all. :slight_smile: