1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to meet other guys?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by vhrebels, Sep 20, 2012.

1. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Hi everyone! So, I started school a few weeks ago, and I kind of wanted to start dating guys, but I've been unable to find any at all. It's kind of depressing. I think the main reason that I've had difficulty with this is because I'm not out at all, and I'm not really in a position to come out, because my family and alot of my friends are homophobic. How could I meet guys without completely outing myself?

2. Gen

Gen

Sadly, you probably cant considering your situation. I know you feel lonely, but dont feel bad about yourself. LGBT relationships in highschool are really only for the lucky few.

I know, I havent been very helpful. Just trying to be brutally honest. :frowning2:

3. moonwriter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi :slight_smile:
    I'm having the same problem! It'd have been easier if we could talk in person and share frustrations, but we kind of live 6,500 miles apart.

Anyway - finding a relationship is something I dedicated A LOT of thought to, and eventually, I came to a realisation that as Gen said, highschool LGBT relationships are RARE.
    BUT, there are still ways to find people! I have an internet friend who found a few boyfriends (the current one even goes to his school) in gay teen chat platforms. Also, I know that at least in my city, there are teen LGBT meetings, where you don't have to be out to go there. Just go to one of those meetings, and well, it may help :slight_smile:)))))

Good luck, and feel free to talk to me about anything! I'd love to share frustrations (because that's the new teen lgbt mainstream activity :wink: )

4. Dannyhan266

Dannyhan266 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    need to talk with other.

5. Countervail

I think we teenagers, have this problem. if not all. I am having problem meeting guys without being outed too. I am being too extra careful because my friends surround me everyday and even in another City, my sister knows a lot of people. They might tell her and she might tell my parents then I'm a dead-meat I think.

Though the school I am going now is very open to LGBT people, I still do not want to join the club our School Executive founded.(Duhh? I do not want to be outed.)

Now people thinks I am straight because of this silly girl that goes with me wherever I go.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! As it was mentioned above going to a LGBT support/social group meeting would help. Does your school have a GSA? If not, is there a youth LGBT support group or PFLAG in your area where you live?

However, coming out is bit of a prerequisite to find others. It can be hard finding someone with whom it really clicks because a part of you will always be on guard not to let out too many details about yourself.

Also something to consider here is that dating in the closet can be quite stressful on you, because not only are you hiding your true self from your friends and family but you are also hiding a relationship from them.

At the very least, try to start your coming out process, by being part of a support group, or try to make some new friends, who will be more accepting and supportive than your current circle of friends.

7. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

There actually is a lgbt support group in the same city I live in, but I can't really think of an excuse that I could tell my parents without outing myself to them. And, my school is one of the last public schools in my area not to have a gsa. It's probably because the head principal is in some christian gospel music group, so our school is quite similar to a private christian school. So, how could I go to one of those meetings without telling my parents that I'm gay? If I even said that I supported lgbt people, my parents would be really pissed off and would probably ground me.

#7 vhrebels, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012