1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't take it anymore!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Samus610, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Samus610

My mom and my step-dad were yelling at me yesterday because of my french midterm grade. My step-dad told me that I'm a failure and that I'm not smart. My mom doesn't give a shit anymore. I mean yesterday I was so stressed that I started scratching my arm. I now have two small scraps, one on each arm. My mom just called me because I only had french homework, which was three pages in my workbook. I finished and decided to relax and play rock band, because that was it for homework and I had no tests to study for. She yells at me saying that I should be more responsible and how my friends, I'll call them X and Y, do work for hours. Well they're in honors. I'm not so technically they would have more work then me. I really am stupid. My parents are right. Why can't things ever go my way? Why can't I ever be happy? Do I not deserve to be happy? Even now I'm crying as I write this. I just don't know what to do. I just feel like scratching again. But I don't want to. PLEASE HELP ME:tears: !

2. WilbersRevenge

Omg. That is horrible. Of course you deserve to be happy. Everyone does. It sounds like everyone in your house needs to relax. I can't tell your mom and step-dad what to do, but I can give you advice from the pit of my soul. When I get really pissed and/or upset, I meditate. I go into my room, close the door and turn of my light. then I sit in the middle of my floor, legs crossed (or however would be comfortable to you), and put my hands over or on my knees in that "ohm" position. Then I begin to breath. And as I do so, I focus all of my thoughts to breathing. Yes, all thought; you cannot let your mind wander. Then begin to imagine (not think about) all of that anger, sadness, and negativity escape from your body (this is where ever you feel that these feelings will have the easiest time escaping [mine is through my hands]). Continue to focus your thoughts on your breathing, but feel the negativity being released. It takes me an hour or so to fully relax. When you feel completely relaxed (if you decide to try it) take another 10-20 minutes. Trust me. Anyways, I'm sorry that your family is making you so unhappy. But I am a strong believer in "everything happens for a reason", so one day in the future, you may look back on this moment in time and realize how it helped further your life somehow. I hope you feel better soon!!!!!

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Grrr....I can't believe parents calling their kids stupid. The best you can do is to simply try and if you are trying, then they should be happy with that. Don't let their harsh words get to you.

4. biisme

I agree completely with what Becky said.

Parents cannot truly know how hard you are trying, or what happens in grades and stuff. It's you life that will be affected by the decisions you make. This makes you care MORE b/c it DIERECTLY affects YOU.

You are not stupid. Just try the best that you can.

5. Samus610

Well I just got back from my friends house, because I had gone for a walk and I was near his house, and my mom picked me up. We talked and everything is okay. Thank you so much for your help. I might try meditating some time. :slight_smile: