1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal am I crazy am I not bi?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Skittles Hugger, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Okay so pleas don't hate me for this okay. I get a thrill out of telling people I'm bisexual like when someone is telling a gay joke I get a bit upset and say something like hey don't say that okay it's rude and they are like why are you gay and then I'm like no I'm bi and they get all shocked like is this normal am I crazy. I mean I know I like girls and guys but does this thrill mean I'm not bi :icon_wink

2. Fiddledeedee

There's absolutely no reason for anyone to hate you because of this. :slight_smile: Calling someone out on a rude/offensive joke is done by people regardless of orientation, and it's fine that you use that as a way to come out; indeed, it's great that you're comfortable telling people when asked. Getting a little thrill like you describe from coming out is fairly normal, since it can feel good to be open and if you're stressed about it then the release of that can leave you almost shaky. For me, I almost in a way "enjoy" coming out to friends because it's sharing something about me and I'm interested in their reactions.

The only "qualification" for being bi is liking girls and guys. Coming out, how you feel about it, etc. has no bearing on your sexuality. Therefore yes, you are bi and that's fine -- high five! :wink:

3. patience

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Why would anyone hate you for that? I wish I could see the faces of the people you tell in that situation. :slight_smile: Life is too short to second-guess yourself like that. If it thrills you, it thrills you. End of story. And having that thrill has no bearing on your sexuality. :slight_smile:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Being thrilled about having an opportunity to come out, and letting people know when they have mentioned something rude, shows how comfortable you are with your sexual identity and with yourself.
    :slight_smile:

5. DarkestJade

OH yes getting a rush out of telling people you're bi is normal!!!! I mean being Bi is awesome in and of itself!!! And people never see it coming the fools (!)

6. Omg guys thank you so much you guys have no idea how much better I feel because f your answers lol. Thank you soooooooo much