1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lol, Just My Luck

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Midnight Angel, Jan 29, 2008.

1. I seem to have a knack for falling for people who are taken lol. The latest person who has caught my eye is my friend Stephanie. I've known her for almost 3 years now and she's in the grade below me. The thing is, we're a month apart so I've always been really close to her as a result of our age closeness. Now I kind of like her a lot, but she's dating someone else =\. That's not even the worst part either, the worst part is that I could have probably had her 2 years ago but I was still sorting out my sexuality and didn't really look at many people that way. So in short, this sucks. But I do feel a little better now that I ranted. Oh and you guys can advise me what to do if you'd like =]

2. KatoKumi

Haha, a hetero story on EC, the world is coming to an end.

I think you shouldn't rock the boat, dear. If it's meant to be, it will. :]

3. biisme

How serious are she and the person she is dating? Chances are, they're going to break up at some point. If you still like her then, then go after her.

4. wherewulfe

i have that also, what sucks is that ive had a boyfriend for almost 3 years

5. CrimsonThunder

Haha I know how you feel Derek, theres this hot chick I used to work with shes got a BF but shes the nicest girl ever. Everyones got the hots for her so its nothing unusual for her. She came into my work today to say hi. ^^

Most guys I know that are gay are single though.

6. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suggest you leave things be and remain friends with her only. If you two were to go out and something happened and eventually you guys split, that would leave awkwardness on the friendship, that is if you guys still wanted to remain friends. There are plenty of people in this world babe, no need to turn to friends. Try to ignore the feelings and look at other people instead.

7. Ty

Ty Guest

Relationships ALWAYS ruin friends. Well 99% of the time.

8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's not true..people can still be friends after breaking up.

9. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Indeedy. :grin: I posted yesterday about how my ex and I became even closer friends after breaking up, despite the fact we have had a few fallouts since then. :grin:

As for this, I think you're sensible enough to know that you need to wait and see if she stays with this bf or not. All you can do as a friend is support her with whatever decision she makes and be happy if she is. Sadly we can't always have the people we want :slight_smile:(), but you have that close friendship connection which, imo, is one step down from being in a relationship. That itself is something unique for you both, and i would rather have that and no relationship, than have neither at all. :slight_smile:

I know this does not help you or your crush, but my point is that riding it out is the best thing to do unless she breaks up with her boyfriend. You have something special with her already, and it's something you should keep regardless of other feelings you have. You don't need to suppress them feelings, just don't act on them and cause this connection with her to break. :slight_smile:

10. ebra

derek darling...i am stealing this advice and maybe using it myself is that alright???

But back to the point...

People are in relationships all the time that dont work, or they end up on a couch...lol. but the point is, wait it out, tell her how you feel and let things go from there, if you could have had her before and are sure that you want her now, there is always a chance that she had strong enough feelings for you then that have probably carried over. theres always a chance.and if you dont really want her, you will admire her from a far for a minute and then carry on liking someone else, cause thats the way things work. but i would say talk to her the worst thing that can happen is that you remain where you are now, being friends. we all know what happens when were too afraid to talk.

I like how you were like okay feel free to advise now, lol like we needed your permission or something. i mean really babe. (you get my two cents whether you ask for them or not)

You can work around people being in relationships....as bad as that sounds, if it is ment to be, then someone being in a relationship isnt going to stop it. your luck isnt that bad, it could be drugs and dead people.anyone would be hapy and lucky to have you. as long as i am still the one marrying you, i will mean this advice. lol but if someone else gets you....the story is completely different.

Ily!

11. Lol you know I love you and your two cents. Everyone else too, I appreciate your counsel.(&&&) I don't think I'll act on it unless conditions are right at a later time.