1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on a girl I really dislike

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chickzak, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Chickzak

The title says it all, but I just can't figure it out. How does that make sense?
    There's this girl I see sometimes at work. We work on opposite ends of the store but sometimes I bump into her as we move around. The girl is my age-ish, slim, dark haired, the sort of person thats really perfect with everything she does. I dont understand why I'm so attracted to her. She hardl- no, never smiles at me. Doesnt ever try to make conversation when we work together. She always has this look on her face which isnt bad in anyway, but in my head, I just want to scream at her.. "Do you have any feelings. Smile!!" :lol:

She does have a laugh with her friends that work with her, but with me, its just.. blank. I have no clue whats up with her. When I started working, I was loads friendly with everyone but with her, I sort of gave up. I didn't see the point in trying so with her. This is sort of turning into a rant, but I just wondered how do you get over someone like her? This girl just annoys me, but sometimes when I see her from a distance or as she walks past me.. or when I recognise the perfume smell she wears, I'm just like aaaah, act cool. Act cool :icon_redf. Dont do anything stupid. A minute later and I'm just :tantrum: whats up with me...!! She annoys me. Why do I like her soo?

I'm super confused. I've never met this girl and it annoys me how unfriendly she is, but she's .. pretty. I think thats pretty much it. I usually go crazy over the girls with the messy hair and.. sort of smeared lipstick and a laugh you can hear ... like miles away from where you are, but she's almost the opposite. So I'm attracted to her, but I dislike her, I suppose I really dislike her personality.
    What's going on in my head..!!

Thanks guys

#1 Chickzak, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Sometimes, physical attractions/crushes can overpower everything else, and we start 'over looking' the things we don't like about a person; though yet we already know deep down within us that even if the other person would have any feelings/attractions for us, the chances of it working out are very slim.

One way you could get over that crush is to remind yourself as to why you don't like her. All the things you have mentioned, such as "this girl just annoys me", "annoys me how unfriendly she is," and "I really dislike her personality," are a good starting point.

Another thing to consider is that if she would have any attractions towards you, or would want to get to know you, her behaviour towards you would probably be quite different. :slight_smile:

3. th3wallflow3r

I think that love and hate can be very similar emotions so are often mistaken for one another.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is nothing as strange and uncontrolable as love, you cant help who you fall in love with or for that matter who you crush on. You obviously are attracted to her, often people find something strangely attractive about people they cant have or the whole bad girl/boy thing. I mean if you think about it logically who would choose a bad guy/girl?

It can also be like intrigue like you wonder why she is like she is, and the more you wonder about that the more you think of her and it almost becomes an obsession a bit.
    I agree with the above advice, try and remind yourself why you dont like her, try and focus your attention on other things and try not to overanalyse why you like her.

5. Chickzak

Thanks everyone =D

Mirko
    I agree with your first thought, 100%. My latest crushes have sort of been based around how a person looks -_- more than their personality. And quite often, the way they come across, in their attitude, is pretty cool but the way they come across.. sucks. [/QUOTE]

:lol: That'll never happen. She seems the stubborn.. straight kind.
    =P Haha

---------- Post added 23rd Sep 2012 at 07:07 PM ----------

Thanks for this :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 23rd Sep 2012 at 07:15 PM ----------

silverhalo: Appreciate your advice silverhalo, thanks. Its always valuable =)

Again, totally agree with this. I reckon its just that I always think about it too much when I see her and probably makes me a little confused.

:grin: I treid to completely ignore her for a little while, the ignoring thing lasting for .. just 1 day at work. She came up to me asking for some help and thought I was being way to mean. *_* I cant act cool or stick to my guns.. to save my life.

XD

#5 Chickzak, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  6. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Maybe you should try to make conversation with her? I think it is hard to judge someone's personality when you barely know them.

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha thats funny, I was just thinking when reading your reply to my post, well maybe lets try another tactic and try and talk to her more get to know her and there was Gold Griffins response, so I agree. Try and talk to her, I think there are a couple of ways it will go, either you will try and talk to you she will always be rude to you and I think in time the crush will fade. Or you will find the more you talk to her the nicer she is and you might make a friend out of it.

8. Chickzak

Gold Griffin
    Thanks for your comment ! Totally agree with this, and believe that too. I dont know whether I'm growing up fast..learning to judge people quick before I know them or that's just the way I am. Its confusing. :shrug:

I did talk to her today though, we had a brief chat, like real brief, about ages. Didnt last long but agreeing with silverhalo, I'm sure the crush will wear of soon.

Lately I have crazy feelings of admiration for people I dont know and these feelings wear of quick when I get to know them a bit more or when I grow distance from them.. so :icon_bigg