1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I keep on or break it off?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jvn95, Sep 22, 2012.

1. jvn95

Hey guys,

I'm in love with my best friend, for just about 3 years now. It was waned alot though since last year and especially his summer since I've come out. I've told 6 people with great support. But I still love him and want to tell him I'm gay but not because I want to tell him I love him, but because he is my best friend and I want him to know.

Whether he will react good or not is something I simply do not know, he is VERY loyal, shares very deep things with me, he's like my brother and all at the same time I feel like e is my soul mate because we think exactly alike, we finish each others sentences ALL the time and have the same world view, I literally felt before we were meant to be because he is like my lost mind and soul twin I found.

He is religious. Heavy baptist. I've never heard him out right say anything about gay people that was bad, A couple times he made fun of gay people. But who knows.

Should I risk losing my best friend by telling him?

Is it worth it?

:/

2. Hunted

I think that you should come out to him. If he is a true friend he will support you no matter how you choose to live your life.
    I know its not much but I hope it helps.

3. Gen

Gen

I'm torn because I feel that if you really want to that should be your decision and your should go with it. But on the other hand, even if you guys would be perfect for each other, it doesnt always work out that way, and if you dont feel that the feelings with be reciporcated then it doesnt seem all that worth it.

I have suffered through a similar situation. I do mean it when I say we are absolutely perfect together. Even his female relationships didnt work out too well and he never seemed to be bothered by it. I had and still do have reason. But I ultimately decided not to tell him about my feelings. I wouldnt say that I never would, its just that at the moment I value his friendship alot more and wouldnt risk it on a whim.

There isnt one right answer to these sorts of questions. I would say that if you want to know about him then sure push the envelope a bit, see what comes up. But if it doesnt seem like anything then I personally wouldnt. It really just depends on what you believe/want to do. Either way, I wish you luck (*hug*)

Edit: Oh but just coming out is a entirely different story lol. I only meant about the feelings.

4. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should tell him. If he's as good as a friend as you say, then I think he'll be able to look past any negative feelings he might have towards gay people(most likely due to his religion) and continue to be your friend and you'll probably help him open his mind up some more.

5. jvn95

I think I may tell him soon, if not tonight.

No more sharing beds if we spend the night, if he even wants to be my friend anymore that is :/

I want to be free to reveal that part of myself.

Something cannot be gained without something being lost.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

6. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We usually think of the worst possible stuff happening when in reality things turn out to be not so bad afterall. :wink: Our mind over thinks and over analyzes stuff.

7. Gen

Gen

I hope it goes well (*hug*).

I hope my post didnt seem like a deterrent. I think you should definitely come out to him. I was only worried about the telling him about your affection towards him and hopeing that they were mutual. Though he should definitely about your sexuality and if he cant handle it then he isnt worth it anyway.

8. jvn95

I know.

It's kind of my fault anyway for making a point to pretend to check out girls all the time and him asking me advice about girls. Well.... I'm good at it because I know what a girl wants, because what they want are guys, just what I want :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I was soooo close to coming out to myself 3 years ago then I met him and bam I'm here now.

I'll tell him sometime. I'm so afraid though, I'll be hurt so bad if he reacts bad or treats completely differently, I mean, of coarse he'll treat me a little differently, finding out your best friend is gay and being close to him is a bit ground shaking.

He's worth keeping, but in the end if he acts badly then he's isn't.

---------- Post added 22nd Sep 2012 at 11:38 PM ----------

TELL me about it! :bang: