1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I being unreasonable?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jared, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Jared

So my mom is helping me move back to LA today and while we were eating lunch she asked me for the password to track my iPhone. I told her that I didn't want to give it to her since I don't like the idea of her being able to know where I am every second of everyday and not having any privacy. She is currently very pissed at me and is being very cold and bitchy, thank god we took separate cars. I feel like that at almost 19 and starting my second year at college 500 miles away from home I'm entitled to some privacy. Do you guys think I'm being unreasonable?

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. Your mom has a wildly inappropriate sense of entitlement around your whereabouts.

EDIT: Which when combined with your mom's recent history (at least as you've related to us in previous threads) does not really help her case at all as far as being sensitive to your needs.

3. spectrumsigner

Not unreasonable at all. She is the worst kind of helicopter parent. You are an adult. She should treat you like one.

4. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No I don't think you're being unreasonable. I can see her reasoning for it as a parent, but I think you're a bit old for that personally. I find that the tracking stuff like that should be limited to children and young adults like less than 18.

5. Gen

Gen

Not at all. She has no reason to have it.

6. Jared

Thanks guys, I needed an outside opinion to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Yeah, the only needs she is sensitive to are her own. She just invited herself to stay in LA for a week since my first class is on Friday and even stop to think that I might not want her around all week. :bang::bang::bang: It is going to be a long week. She just wants to get her way and if that helps you, great, and if not, tough shit.s