i think i'm a mtf transgender but am not 100% sure

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by emilym3, Sep 23, 2012.

1. emilym3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok well a few years ago like when i was 10 i started to really think about what life as a girl would be like and the things i was thinking were good like wearing all the cool dresses being able to wear makeup and just be buetiful but this is not when i started ever since i was young i would be more feminene then muscular i would always play with barbies and play dress up with mums clothes i would put makeup on and stuff like that i hated boys toys and i hated the action tv shows i would always watch barbie and all the princess movies.at my current age of 14 i will sometimes go into my mums room and put on one of her bras and a nice looking dress and put on some makeup because when ever i did it made me feel normal like i was ment to be that way. ive only told 1 friend that i think im a mtf trans but thats it i really want other peoples opinion because they would have gone through stuff like this. i have doubts in my mind about doing anything such as srs or hormones but then i start thinking it would be great to be a girl but be a proper girl not some guy dressing up im just really confused and need some advice.:confused::confused::confused:

2. Zontar

Could be. The defining symptom of GID is extreme discomfort about your birth sex.

Does the idea of having secondary male characteristics (body hair, muscle, etc) fill you with great discomfort? Is the thought of living as male "unbearable"? To prod farther than that would be a bit uncouth, which is why I highly suggest you make up an excuse to see a therapist about this.

3. J Snow

Hey, welcome to EC =)

Unfortunately no one can really tell you for certain what your gender identity is. You are ultimately the only expert on yourself. That being said your experiences and feelings seem very in sync with many trans individuals.

Some transsexual individuals choose not to take hormones, and a lot of transsexuals do not choose to get SRS. I'm on hormones but I for one am not sure if I will be getting SRS.

Also, there is a number of transgender identities that don't necessarily involve a pure desire to be 100% female. (See image attached)

I highly recommend you speak to a counselor/therapist about your gender confusion as soon as possible. It will help you a lot. And if you do decide that you'd like to transition they could possibly help you get put on a T-blocker that would offset the effects of puberty you might not have already experienced.

I wish you the best of luck in figuring all this out (*hug*)

Attached Files:

4. emilym3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thnk you for your help and ive started talking to more of my friends and they are being really supportive and i have really began to want to go on hormones because i want to be a female and im hoping that by the time im 22 i will be one