1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Should I make a move??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jay17, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Jay17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I have this guy friend. Lately (for the past few months), I've caught feelings for him. The thing is he transferred. months ago and before that, he's established himself in me as a true friend. I thought I wouldn't make it without him, but I have. over the moths again, we've been chatting extensively through social media & I even invited him to my birthday. I guess that's why I don't feel like he's left really. But, honestly, I am intimately. and emotionally into him. Sometimes I'm just so tempted to IM him about mytrue feelings for him; that I want to be more than just friends (because I CAN'T hold this in any longer) I've heard him mention a girl like once or sth, and it would to me to lose him, coz he's just so special to me, you know? I'm just STUCK right now. Part of me says he could just be having similar feelings for you & another part simply says: don't! I just really need advice right now
    HELP!! Btw, I'm meeting him for drinks next weekend. & also, I've given him a number of gay hints, but he still terms me as "bruv" which is code for "bro"...

2. Jared

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's not gay right? And if you're not sure if he is or isn't, it is probably better to assume he is straight, since it is more likely. Are you out to him? If you aren't I would suggest coming out to him, but not telling him how you feel right away and see how it goes. If you are out to him, I would say something like "I understand if you don't feel the same, but I need to get this off my chest, I think I'm starting to get feelings for you." I'm sure you can phrase it better than me, but you don't want to come off too strong since straight guys can freak when a gay guy comes on to them.

3. Jay17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow! I do NOT see myself doing that (coming out to him). For me it's more like, all or something, in the sense that I have him as more than a friend or just a friend who doesn't know I'm queer. I can't begin to imagine how wierd it's gonna be with him as JUST A STRAIGHT FRIEND - knowing that I'm gay! That won't do! It just.. defeats the purpose. My approach was more like: I have a close friend to whom I've come out email him that I've been privately suffering coz he's not getting my hints & advances & that he should once & for all tell my friend whether he feels the same way for me or not. Of course I'll have the friend say that they are going behind my back by telling him all this, so that I can safely deny anything if he replies that he doesn't feel the same way and comes up to me about the email. So in that way: NO ONE GETS HURT! :grin:

4. Jared

Okay let me make sure I have this right. You have a friend who you are out to and you want this friend to tell the friend you have a crush on about the crush? I don't think that is the approach I would take, but it isn't a bad plan per se, though if he knows you are close to the one telling him about the crush it might be hard to deny it if he asks you about it.

5. Jay17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's the thing, he doesn't know that I'm close to this close friend. Heck, he doesn't even know the friend. Might as well be a stranger to him. Anyway, I'll get back to you with how things unfold!! ... COME SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! (The two of us (me & the crush) are going out for a movie)
    WISH ME LUCKKK!!!!!! :grin: