1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushes on straight guys?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wonderingdave01, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Any tips on how to get over them? I go to a school where every boy I know identifies as straight Even if someone of them aren't, if they are and I tell them I like them, that will just result in a severe amount of awkwardness.

#1 wonderingdave01, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2012
  2. Gen

Gen

Nope, they're like a virus that infects your soul >_>.

There really isnt much more you can do then give it time and wait it out. Learn to control yourself and not allow yourself to sit up and think out them all day. Sometimes distance works, sometimes distance isnt possible. It is really just something you get through, and often times after its all over, you'll find yourself alot stronger and less likely to fall into the same pain again.

3. Thank you. :slight_smile:

4. MichaelB

Self control is the key. I never allow myself to develope feelings more than friendship for anyone that I know will be impossible for a happy ending.

Sounds impossible, but it's quite easy to do. As soon as you start thinking 'awwh, x name does this really cute thing..'. I instantly refuse to think about them afterwards.

But if it should happen, then I agree with Gen, distance would be my next solution. Not awkward, obvious distance, but I'd defiently try and limit my time with the guy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    unless it ends up like mine when u tell him, he's gonna be too close that he annoys u too much and goes to your personal space

6. sunnii

With me distance helps. The less you see of them the less you think of them. Unfortunately I've got a crush on one of my best (and straight) friends. Tbh I'd never recommend confessing any crushes on a straight guy. (Although I ha e never done it so I don't know how it pans out) mainly because its not like that will turn him gay. Also it will make everything awkward. But I would by discourage harmful flirting lol

Ugh straight crushes. It's like the forbidden fruit of homosexuality lol. Their strsightness makes them more attractive somehow

#6 sunnii, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  7. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    'Tis a curse that we are forever stuck with. They really suck. I've had a total of 4, well maybe kinda 5. The best things you can do are: distance, distraction and remembering a nice little motto, 'Straight until proven gay/bi." Good luck with getting over your crush, it takes time but it happens eventually.

8. Thank you, love the signature and thanks everyone else

9. VivaLaVida

VivaLaVida Guest

You just do, eventually. I am currently waiting to get over one...:bang: