1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wanted to post this on FB, think I may wait...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Caoimhe Fayre, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Caoimhe Fayre

she's so beautiful... the things I love about her? she's constant. she's funny. she's deep, but she's private (so to all those people who think she isn't deep enough, I think she is and you just don't know it). she's fun to be around. she knows how to just relax. she's the kind of friend that everyone needs at least one of. she's gentle, but still gets her point across. she's patient, but she won't take nonsense. she listens really well, but you have to work hard to get to know her because she doesn't open up to just anyone. somehow, despite how private a person she is, she can make everyone in the room feel like they are an important part of the group. she's welcoming and kind. she's confident in who she is. she's physically beautiful too, though she doesn't always seem to know that. she's compassionate. she's generous, always giving more of herself and her time to those who are in need of a friend. there's just so much I love about her, this whole list is off the top of my head and I could probably go on forever listing details of her personality that I love.

I know she has her faults, too, but so do I. And we have our differences. She's not nerdy like I am, she's not into role playing games (didn't even know what I meant by "D&D" when I was talking about it with her), she doesn't write and I don't think she even likes poetry.

but tell me. how the hell would I ever get over someone as beautiful, inside and out, as she is, if I haven't even heard from HER that she's definitely not interested? I know she's PROBABLY not interested, but as long as there is the smallest chance that she might be, I can't even think about anyone else. so I know I need to tell her, and risk my heart being broken, and even risk the greatest friendship I have in my life (though I don't see it phasing her, really), or I'll never move on.

---------- Post added 23rd Sep 2012 at 10:56 AM ----------

I'm thinking I might tell her sometime this week, how I feel about her. I'm going to try to on Tuesday night. Or I might just print off what I posted here and give it to her to read. I think she needs to know how beautiful I think she is, and how I feel about her.

Also, I'm really tired of this habit I have of rejecting myself on behalf of other people. I think I should give her a chance to decide for herself if she feels anything like what I do.

I'm just terrified that the timing is wrong. I was thinking, maybe if I wait until after I've graduated and started working, and paid off my debt (which is admittedly small so shouldn't take too long to do), so maybe waiting until January or whatever, then we might be on more of an equal footing and there would be less potential barriers to a relationship, so I could tell her then and it might be different than if I tell her now when I'm still a student (not her student, though, she works at my church) and still struggling with debt and feel like I'm totally unworthy of her and not able to offer her much at all.

2. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Check her interested in, if it says women, then go ahead. If it says men, then don't. If it's not there, then she's probably hiding it, so you might want to, but you should probably try to confirm first.

3. Caoimhe Fayre

she's not actually on FB... just some people who know her who might figure out who she is from all my descriptions and stuff... I actually printed out the note and am debating giving it to her when I see her on Tuesday evening.