1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help coming out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by baileysako, Sep 23, 2012.

1. baileysako

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey well I need help... and lots of it In fact as I'm typing this I'm nervous. >_>
    I've dated one girl and while dating her I realized that I'm either gay or bi, not sure but I really want to come out to my family and friends but the problem with my family is that they're the type of people that hate people that are different which shows why I'm scared and the problem with my friends is that they're really close and idk how they'd feel about it. (I've known them for 3 years now some for 4). >_<

I've only come out to one person and that's only because everyone knew he was gay, including me, and we talked about it because I completely trusted him and still do. I tried to get help from him but he views towards everything was almost opposite of mine, plus his family is a lot more accepting and less judgmental than mine are.

I found this forum searching for help and I've read a couple of thread in the support and advice section and I've seen you guys help a great load of members here and I really hope you guys could help me as well.

Thanks for all of your responses.
    -Bailey

2. starfish

My first thought is that you don't need to be in a hurry to come out. Take your time and become comfortable with who you are.

Something to keep in mind is that it easy to hate gays when they are that just some pundits talking point. It is a lot harder to do when they are your son, brother, or friend.

3. baileysako

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alright, but how will I find out if I'm gay or if I'm bi? I've seemed to like both males and females but I tend to look at males and get turned on more than females. Does that make me gay? :bang:

4. starfish

I'd say for now don't worry about the label. Just run with it. If you think you like guy then explore it. Maybe go to a few gay events and chat up some guys.

5. baileysako

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alright thanks, I just hope whenever I do decide to come out that my family and friends will understand... I think that's the worst fear that I have, the fact that I'm scared of their acceptance. It feels terrible being in this cage and I just really want to be out of it but I'm terrified of the responses I'd get from them. Especially my parents since they always talk bad about gays and people that are "different". It may be why I'm so scared... :icon_sad: