1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I act terrified whenever I see the guy I like now.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheGreyMan, Sep 24, 2012.

1. TheGreyMan

It's been a few weeks into the school year.

I told him about this in May of last year and he took it fine, and we actually hung out over the summer.

We haven't had any classes together and these weird reactions started coming from me. Like, whenever I see him in the hallway, I actually shrink down and look at the floor to avoid eye contact and when I pass his table at lunch, I try my hardest not to look at him though my body disagrees with that.

This is incredibly difficult and incredibly embarrassing. I'm afraid he notices this and it's not like I can avoid him. If it continues like this I'll probably either get confronted by him for trip over someone.

I just don't want to be a deer in the headlights anymore. What do I do?

2. LauraMarie

I would try to talk with him o: you dont have to say you like him right away. maybe just have a nice little conversation once in awhile that way he wont think your totaly ignoring him. maybe a quick hi in the hallway:slight_smile:

3. TheGreyMan

Well the thing is, he knows already. He's known like, for forever know.

I just have like an actual physical reaction and I begin to feel sick whenever he's nearby.

4. LauraMarie

Hmmm >.< thats difficult could you be love sick?

5. TheGreyMan

I dunno. I thought after all of this time I'd be over him but I'm not.

I'm just afraid of him and in love with him at the same time. It's really annoying.

6. LauraMarie

Afraid of him how?

7. TheGreyMan

I don't really understand it to be honest. I'm just so petrified of eye contact with him.

8. Gen

Gen

It can definitely be intimidating to be around people who we have feelings for, regardless of whether we are friends or not. When you had a crush on him and you were around him constantly, you probably didnt get as nervous around him because you guys were already friends. However, now since you dont have any classes with him, and you arent around him as much, you are starting to lose that feeling of security.

I went through that exact situation when I was exactly your age, except you were courageous enough to admit your feeling to him. Either way, its like when you see an ex. You dont want to seem weird or stare at them as if you still want them. You want them to think you are happy and independant.

How do you get over it? Who knows?:shrug:??? Some say distance. Some say time. But, those options arent always available. The only way to truly get over him is strength. To learn to mediate your feelings for him. To try to rid yourself of unconscious shame and feelings of inadequacy. I know that may mean nothing to you now, but it really just is a person struggle that has no right answer. I hope it gets better soon.(*hug*)