1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice on coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Juzey, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Juzey

Out Status:
    Some people
    I want to come out to my friends, I'm fairly sure they'll be okay with it. I don't really want to make a big deal out of it though, and so I want to just mention it in normal conversation. I have two questions:
    Is just casually mentioning that I'm bi a good way to come out?
    If so, how should I get the conversation to a good place to mention it? I know people usually say to mention a lgbt-realted news article but I don't read the news and neither do my friends.

Please help!

2. xXPsychedelicXx

Maybe you could start saying things like, "I think (girl you know) is really cute" or "The last girl I liked/dated always did this..." And I reckon your friends will catch on eventually. :grin:

3. Rin26

Rin26 Guest

You can start by mentioning or casually bring up lgbt topics or issues to see how they feel about it first before u come out to them. So you can get a feel on how they feel about it before u mention that your bi. Hopefully it'll be all good feedback. If there truly your friends they wouldnt care n love n support u all the same.. Good Luck!

4. rx79g

If I can throw in my two cents worth, I wouldn't come out that way. If they're new friends then sure, but if it's people you've known awhile you should tell them you need to talk and do it seriously. It doesn't need to be intense but from watching a friend come out and listening to some of the backlash (don't get me wrong it all settled fine for her), if you make it seem too casual people all take it less seriously. Just my opinion.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If you want to drop it casually, I think bring it up by mentioning "this girl is cute" or if the topic of boyfriends/relationships/dating come up, you can always say "I wonder what would be like to be in a relationship with a girl?" or something similar to that.

That said, sometimes and as the previous poster mentioned, it might be better to take your friends aside and talk with them.

You know your friends best, and if you feel that dropping it casually into a conversation is going to work out just fine, give it a try.