1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

straight girl with a Gay bf....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by slightlydisturb, Sep 25, 2012.

1. slightlydisturb

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Who would have thought it would be so complicated! I am 31.. he is 27. I did not know he was gay before we had sex the first few times, However... I knew he was 'gay' before we decided to be in a relationship. He was a virgin before sleeping with me, has never done anything with a guy or any other girl. Our feelings and closeness grew so strong and after discussing what a relationship could be like between us... we went for it. No one else knows he is gay.

We are now at that stage where we have a couple of guys lined up to join us and for him to experience with, but I am worried that once he has experimented with a guy... that he will want to be with one permanently.

Also I am worried that he is only in a relationship to keep his friends, family and society happy and to stay in the closet. We do love each other and have amazing sex.

Does anyone have any experience in a similar situation or have any advice as to how this could possibly work? Or am I being delusional lol

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Wait. hes has a gf??!!

I think your wrong to even have a secret relationship with him, and getting more guys into it :lol:

3. slightlydisturb

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh hahaha... ooops... No I am a girl.... his girlfriend. Sorry for the confusion

4. LauraMarie

Ummm... no if he knows he's gay you need to get out of the relationship... o.o... and be just friends. Your his cover right now and this won't end pretty...

5. slightlydisturb

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That was my fear... If only I knew he was gay before falling in love with him. Makes things difficult. Thank you

6. Aquafin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh dear... you need to get out

7. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I'm confused, before I SWEAR your Gender said male, and your age is 27.. but you said hes 27.. anyway...

You just have to accept if he comes out as gay I suppose

8. slightlydisturb

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yea this profile was made for him but he duznt wana use it lol so im using it. I fully accept that he is gay. What I dont get is that he says he loves me, wants to be with me... but still finds guys sexually attractive and wants do experience with them. He also said that If he never met me, that he would be in, or looking for a gay relationship.

He is too shy or something to look for and approach a guy for anything... so I am doing all the work searching for other guys to join us and give him what he wants. He is very happy that I am doing this, and thanks me all the time.

9. LauraMarie

Umm so you know he's gay heknows he's gay and your still with him and helping him find guys to cheat on you with? You need to get out... that in no way seems healthy

10. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I guess.. your an exception :lol:

But like you said he hasn't met a guy yet so.. The time will come, you just have to let him go.

P.s if he wants to find a guy, tell him to do it himself! :lol:, you must be a great friend though to do that for him knowing the fact he might end up with a guy.

11. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I do believe that love conquers ALL, I also believe that cheating is not right, and you're helping him cheat on you! You need to get out of this- it would be best for both of you if you did. You can always be JUST friends. And, you can have amazing sex with some one else if that is a concern.

12. LauraMarie

I would end it and be a good friend and support him 100% o.o but its your life o: do as you please but this situation could get ugly x.x

13. slightlydisturb

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I dont know if I would consider it cheating. I told him before the relationship started that I would help him experiment with other guys, with or without me. Maybe before I had thought things through properly... Thinking more about how I could help him rather than how it could affect me!

Lol he wont do it himself... A great friend yeah, and I suppose thats all we should be to avoid dissapointment later on.

14. LauraMarie

:confused: so you started dating him knowing he was gay? >.< I'm confused why would you do that?

15. slightlydisturb

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thats right... I knew he was gay before we started dating. He fell in love with me... but is still gay. Hey... Im confused too haha

16. LauraMarie

So... are you sure its not friend love? o.o I'm not good at this situation >.< someone else help advice pleaseee?? I've never been in this situation nor have ever heard of it.

17. BudderMC

What you need to ask him/he needs to answer for himself with regards to the "if I never met you, I'd be in a gay relationship now" is whether or not that's because he truly does love you to make it worth not searching for someone else, or he feels as though he can't leave you for fear of hurting you or something. Those are two very, very different motives, and answer a lot of what you should be doing in this situation.

If he's in it because he legitimately wants a relationship with you, then stick it out if you want. But if your views on monogamy are like those of most other people, you probably shouldn't be looking to hook him up with other guys. If he wants to hook up with a guy, he'll go do it. If he's in a relationship with you, he's in a relationship with you. Just because he's gay doesn't give him an exception to the general rule of "you don't cheat on your partner".

If he's sticking it out because he fears leaving you, then you need to collectively end it. It won't be healthy for either of you and I'm sure if some of the older members were online right now, they'd be preaching the horrors of trying to live a "straight" relationship when that's not what you want. Point is, just don't do it. I can nearly guarantee it won't work out, and if it does, it's going to be incredibly difficult.

Now, what you need to remind yourself is that if he wants to leave the relationship for anyone else (gay or otherwise), he will. And dragging it out longer than it has to is not going to be good for either of you. "Convincing" him to stay by doing things like allowing him extra affairs with other guys is not going to help anything. If you're feeling like you're trying to hang onto something that isn't there, then maybe that's something you need to look deep within yourself about rather than trying to piece together a relationship that won't work.

Love does crazy things to people. Try as hard as you can and think rationally about this; don't make it more painful than it needs to be for either of you.

P.S. How do you know he's gay? Maybe I missed that part, but I don't recall reading it.

18. slightlydisturb

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have wondered that myself. But because I am the only one who he has ever loved, the only on who knows he is gay and that he was a virign before he met me, I feel that I would be letting him down if I just decided to end the relationship. We are so very close and can talk about anything. I asked him if he thinks he would become emotionally involved with a guy while he was with me and he said I dont need to worry about that.

19. BudderMC

Oh, I guess I should add too: honesty is the best policy in this situation, as in all relationships. You and him aren't doing either of you any favours by being dishonest about things now. It'll hurt now, but it'll hurt less now than it will in 20 years if your world were to come crumbling down around you. So be open, communicate frequently, and make sure the other person knows what you're thinking.

20. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're a very nice and supportive partner. However as others have said, it would be best to end the relationship between you two if you both believe that he is actually gay. I think he probably has more of a "deep friend love" for you than a romantic love, although that is just a guess. It's also not right for you to have to do the "work" for him. That's unfair even though you agree to it. I think what he probably needs most is a supportive friend right now.