1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to vent....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ItsAllConfusing, Sep 25, 2012.

1. ItsAllConfusing

So I found this website the other day and finally decided after reading a lot of posts on here that someone here will be able to help me, hopefully.

So I started hanging out with a guy I used to work with last week, and he is completely out. We hit it off real well, in fact he is the only person I have come out too. Mainly because he said he was attracted to me, and I had the same feelings for him. So we have been hanging out every day since then. Everything is going great!! I am actually waiting for him to get home, then I'm going to head over there to watch a movie.

I guess what I need help with is he knows I am not out, and he is fine with it. But seeing how happy and carefree he can talk about being gay really has made me start thinking of when/how I want to come out. I live with 3 of my friends, and that's one thing that worries me. None of them have ever been blatantly homophobic, but if I tell them I don't want it to change our relationships. If it goes bad when I tell them, it is going to be really awkward living with them right? Any advice would really help....

2. slightlydisturb

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think, and would hope that if the people you live with are really your friends... then they will accept you for who you are, not your sexuality.

3. LauraMarie

I agree with the person above me o: if they are real friends they will accept you ya it could be diffrent but it could be even better o: you'll feel so free! Its up to you:slight_smile: and congrats on finding that guy! :grin:

4. Silvails52

If your friends don't accept you for all of you, they aren't your friends. At first you could try to poke around a little and bring up LGBT rights or something like that. You could even talk about Obama and his support of gay marriage and ask what their opinions are. That would definitely give you a good idea of what they think. When you feel comfortable enough, tell them. It's obvious you're really happy with him, so you shouldn't be scared of sharing your happiness.

5. ItsAllConfusing

Thanks for your quick responses!! I think what I am gonna do is not tell them yet, while bringing up LGBT issues to see their reaction. Actually I texted my 2 best friends today to try and get them to come visit from school at the same time to tell them first. I think it will be harder to tell my best friends, so if I can do that, I think I can get the courage to tell my roommates. Thanks again and any more advice would be awesome!!