1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugg! Annoying straight friend. (Advice)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Today4U, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Today4U

In french, one of my friend who is straight, and I know is alright with people being gay says that I need "a girl". What do I do? I find it very hard to say I'm gay, so I've just kind of ignered it. Not too important, just annoying that I can't really let him know who I actually am.

2. Choucho

It's hard coming out to people, even when you know they accept homosexuals. Sometimes the opportunity just comes up and you say to yourself "This is it, this is perfect right now"
    But that won't always happen.
    Next time he says "You need a girl" say "I'm not really interested in getting "a girl" " and see if he clues in. If he doesn't the only thing you can really do is blurt it out. Maybe even write it down or something?
    I'm sure he doesn't mean to be annoying.
    This is just some suggestions, you'll know yourself what is best.
    Good luck. <3

3. KatoKumi

Just tell him that you're comfortable with where you are.
    The last thing a gay man wants to touch is a vagina; that I'm sure of. Tell him that you just think it's seriously not for you.

I used to joke around with my friends saying "Vaginas aren't cool enough for me."

But when worst came to worst, I just told them straight up "Seriously man, it's cool and all that you like it, but it's just not for me"

"man" was used in there because no women told me I needed a girl after I told them. :]

4. Psychedelic Bookmarks

good advice there ^^

or if you're not ready to come out, just ignore him. your romantic life is none of his business. tell him to sod off, or say you have a complicated situation and refuse to elabroate. it's just none of his busines :slight_smile:

5. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I've kind of been in that situation before - where people talk about how I should be getting a boyfriend or whatever - my policy is not to lie by starting up a discussion about guys, but to just kind of shrug it off. Just because your friend is being nosey, it doesn't mean you have to come out prematurely to them - this is what I think anyway. :slight_smile:

6. Temujin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    LOL!!! Sorry, i've just never heard it put that way but that's exactly how I feel.

Sadly, I have no advice for the OP. :icon_sad:

...however, that seems like sound advice!

7. Today4U

Thanks for all the advice everybody. He didn't mention it today, so I hope he won't, untill I'm ready to tell him!

8. Étoile

I know how you feel. One of my female friends told me that I 'needed a girlfriend' and asked if I was attracted to any girl at this school. I told her no and she just stared at me for a few minutes and started to talk again. LOL Awkward!

What I don't understand is why do we teenagers feel we need a girlfriend/boyfriend so much? Is it because we like the thought of being in a relationship than actually having one?

9. People tell me this all the time. I'm just disinterested in the whole dating thing. It's high school, it's hardly expected to last long anyway. Nothing to fret over really.

10. Cgwk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yeah, straight friends are weird.......i came out to one of my friends a while back, maybe 3 months ago (he was cool with it, didn't believe it for a while though lol) and he keeps telling me i should date this one girl and that we should "get together" and sometimes he tells me when she's right beside me! i'll give him a look and he'll say "o yeah i forgot you'r gay"...............lol:eusa_doh:

11. Alexander

I think part of it is that not all straight people know gay people or know how to act around them (i.e. the same) so some of them get weird. Not all of them, i'm not generalizing.