1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend wants to cheat on her husband with a girl.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Foxywolf, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Foxywolf

And she seems to think its okay.
    I for one am very against affairs, but she keeps trying to get my approval. And I don't want to loose her friendship, but I also think that affairs are bad things in every context.

She says that her sex life is nonexistnant and she has always had a fair amount of attraction towards girls, so she wanted to have a fling with this one person she met.

What should I say to her? I really don't think affairs are right at all, and I told her so, but she just said, "we'll talk on thursday" (when we have lunch together.)

But what should I say to her, and what are your guys opinions? She wants to have an affair because she has always been more attracted to girls than boys, but ended up marrying a boy, and she keeps trying to get him to have sex with her, but he keeps refusing.

She's a lot older than me too, she has a 13 yr old son too.
    What do i do?

2. th3wallflow3r

I have pretty strong views on affairs anyway but an affair is an affair And is not alright under any circumstances.
    if She is that unhappy in her marriage then she needs to talk to her husband.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just tell her that you dont approve, and that it doesnt make any difference whether it is a girl or guy. Also that if she isnt happy with her sex life then she needs to talk to her partner.

4. Jim1454

I'd agree. I don't think it's necessary for anyone to have sex with the same gender to confirm that they're gay. So 'experimenting' isn't an excuse. It doesn't sound like your friend is even trying to use that as an excuse - this to her is just cheating plain and simple.

If she is in an unhealthy marriage with someone who refuses to even try and satisfy her, then that is her problem and she should deal with that first before hooking up with someone else.

This unfortunately is not what I did, but having the benefit of hindsight I'd recommend that she take the 'grown up' / mature approach and deal with things one at a time - and in the right order.

5. PurpleCrab

What I would do in your position is wait for that lunch together and ask her how's the dynamic between her and her husband. As in, other than sexual... do they talk a lot? When she shares her desires, her needs, how is it received from the other part? Have they already talked about how they feel on affairs?

What I mean is to not just block on... your friend wants your approval to do something that you deem wrong... try to understand the whole story behind it and keep an open mind. She may just need a friendly ear to be understood in her hardships rather than an affair; if she has you on her side, who knows, she may give up the whole affair idea.