1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really need advice help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by VIPInspirit, Sep 26, 2012.

1. VIPInspirit

I'm dating this girl who I am madly in love with, and I know she's in love with me, but she's not willing to compromise over something that's really silly IMO. She feels like that since I've made mistakes in the past and hurt her then, she doesn't have to compromise with me now, not even really taking in to consideration how I may feel over it. I wanted to talk to her about it but, instead when I told her what it was about she immediately gets upset and tells me that their is no compromise and that she refuses to do it and she won't be bothered to either, because I shouldn't have promised this certain thing if I wasn't gonna keep it. Thing is, I was only asking her if I could do this certain thing with my BEST FRIEND. I feel like she could compromise with me on that, but she refuses.

I don't know what to do, because IMO it's really irrational of her to suddenly decide that she doesn't have to compromise because of past mistakes that I made, but she doesn't think so.

HELP???!!???!

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

The thing is, she really don't have to compromise if she doesn't want to. Either because she doesn't feel like it or because she feels like you are being unfair. Nothing that you will say will change that.

Everyone has certain things they are not willing to compromise on and that's what makes us who we are. Else you could simply have a relationship with anyone by simply compromising on everything, which of course is not the case.

So, in short, you are going to have to decide how important this issue is to you and if its worth losing your relationship over. She already said she won't compromise. Its your turn to decide whether you can just ignore it or whether its a deal breaker.