1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought I could do this. I can't accept that I'm a sinner. I feel like dying.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Colombiana, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Colombiana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm gay and I can't change it and God does love me but I feel like I'm wrong. I feel like a waste. I can't stand going to hell. ):

2. LauraMarie

You arnt going to hell. You arnt a waste your a human being and god will love you no matter what. Your loved here and we will support you through this hard transition. If you need anyhelp feel free to talk to me ^^ I'm basicly always online o.o (I've been throught 3 years of christian school, ik the bible almost inside and out) if you have questions just ask :grin:

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry you're struggling with this. (*hug*) Did anything happen recently that triggered these feelings? I notice that some of your threads from recently were slightly more hopeful. Feel free to unload if something or someone has come down on you recently.

4. castle walls

It is possible to be a happy religious LGBT person. In fact, there are many on this board. Personally, I am a pansexual/bisexual Christian that is dating a lesbian Catholic (a different denomination of Christianity than mine). The pastor of my church is also a lesbian.

I'm not sure what religion you are but, if you are any denomination of Christian you should check out this video. It is about an hour long but it is totally worth your time. He explains the Bible verses that are usually used against the LGBT community
    [YOUTUBE]ezQjNJUSraY[/YOUTUBE]

Regardless of what your religion is, I recommend that you do some research on your own to figure out what you believe is correct. Read your holy book, research how it was translated, look into the culture of the time it was written, etc. etc.

5. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You're not going to hell just for being gay. God loves everyone regardless of who they love, and if you were a waste then would you have been created in the first place? Of course not! In gods eyes you're as beautiful as anyone here.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The Bible never says anything about being LGBT. You're just hearing people that try to make almost everything a sin. I also suggest the video that castle walls included in her post.

If you need to talk feel free to message me.

7. Hunted

In the Bible it says that God treats every sin the same. So in my mind being gay isn't any different than telling a lie. You are not going to hell. You are a great person. God would never create someone he doesn't love. You are not a waste. You are on earth for a reason. Don't ever forget that.

8. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

If everyone was told to give a list of all the sins they've ever done, then everyone would be in hell. Nobody is totally sin-free. If you're a good person, then you're not going to go to hell. There's things far more heinous then being gay. People that murder, people that steal, people that are harsh and cruel are ones more likely to go to hell before anyone else. (This is a non-biased opinion because I don't believe in God, but I can still give you that kind of opinion)

9. kinar70

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't believe that God, or whatever higher power you believe in, is judging any individual human based on who they love. We all have these lives to do good and love one another. That is the real core of every religion. You are not going to be punished for that. Most of the Bible deals with it. There are certain lines buried in there that PEOPLE have chosen to use to torment others in order to make themselves feel more righteous... usually because they aren't loving and being good to others. That's their judgement not God's.

10. Silvails52

You are definitely NOT a sinner. Watch the video (or look up Matthew Vines to read it) and let his arguments sink in. He makes so many good points that blow away anything that Christians would say to condemn homosexuals. Besides, you didn't choose to be gay. If God thought it was sinful, why make you that way?

11. starbucksshoote

Christ's message is one of love, and that's what He called on His followers to do. Those people who espouse hate in His name are not following in His footsteps. The condemnation in the bible of certain behaviours speaks more about the intent (lust) than about the acts themselves. Paul condemns the Romans not for being homosexual, but because they behaved in a lustful manner (i.e. otherwise straight people having gay sex because they were horny). Culturally, it never occurred to them that there could be people who by nature were innately homosexual, living in monogamous same-sex relationships.

For many supposed Christians, their apparent reading of the bible is limited to a few choice verses here and there which supports an agenda of hate and intolerance. Nothing could be further from the overall message of Faith, Hope, and Love God and Christ put forward, the great gifts God gives to his people. There will always be small-minded bigots in this world who hate because they hate themselves, and need to pull others down to make themselves feel tall. Cloaking it in the robe of Christianity is a particularly nasty form of hate - but don't be fooled by the supposed "religious" nature of their arguments. They are superficial and ignorant.

Those people who believe God's mission is one of hate and intolerance do not believe in the awe-inspiring, compassionate, forgiving God who so loved his people that he sacrificed his own son to a terrible death in order to save them. As a gay Christian, I am confident that God loves me, and that when the time comes to be judged, those who professed hate in His name will be the ones who have to justify their actions, not me.

#11 starbucksshoote, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  12. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wholeheartedly agree with what everyone else who's posted very encouraging words. They're right, God loves us all and there's nothing wrong with being gay. People use religion as a means to control others, and it's disgusting how they are twisting the words in the Bible to preach hate. I'm not really religious, but I had a very difficult time reconciling my faith with being gay. I hated who I was, so I denied it, but I wish I had not. It took me forever to step out of the closet and denying who I was did more harm than good. Because for the longest time, I thought I chose to be gay. I thought long and hard, like ”When did I make the decision to like girls?” I discovered that it was not a conscious choice; I had been crushing on girls since I was very young. So, after years of deep soul searching, I've learned that I was born this way and God makes no mistakes! :slight_smile:

#12 pinklov3ly, Sep 27, 2012
  13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems even the most religious of people now claim that homosexuals and bisexuals are born. That they're not just straight people with loose morals and an adventurous attitude toward sex. Which actually is a pretty big step forward.

Lex

14. spectrumsigner

You are not going to hell. There may not even be a literal hell-- who am I to say? Yes, as others have said, you can be religious (or spiritual, or both) and LGBT. You can love God (or a god, or a goddess, or twelve gods, or what have you) without being a cisgendered straight person.

I wish you the best in life. I hope you will find happiness and peace.

15. Waterlilly

I actually had this same worry for the first time yesterday (not the hell part, I'm Jewish, but the "does G-d disapprove part). It was yom kippur and we say special prayers that list the different transgressions we are asking forgiveness for. One of them was "through the prompting of the heart" and one was "through the misuse of sex". I got very worried. I don't know if G-d considers homosexuality a sin, although I know my denomination doesn't. In the end though, I decided to not worry about it, because there really isn't anything I can do. If people could choose not to be gay, do you really think there would be any gay people. Who would choose that kind of fear and adversity?

16. Colombiana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I want thank you for all your replies.. I have seen the Matthew Vines video. I have talked to Pastor. I thought I had my head clear about things. I've read many threads on this forum to help me consider otherwise that I wasn't hell-bound. I don't think being gay is a sin. I think I'm at a tearing point where sex is the bad part of it..

17. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with everyone's encouragement on here. :slight_smile:
    I used to think I was going to hell, but everyone sins and I realize now God still loves me, no matter what I've done/will do.

Just remember God has crowned you with his favor and when people judge you, it's not a reflection of you, it's a reflection of them. <3

18. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're not. That theology is wrong, and maintained by the hateful.

I think many Christians have been unclear about sexual morality to the point that they've problematized sex in general. First, the purpose of sex is not procreation. It's the actualization of people sharing a positive spiritual experience. For sexuals, it's a human necessity. It's the oxygen we need to breathe. Second, Christianity gets it right that there are problematic attitudes to sex. They just sometimes go too broad about what those problems are. They are force, lack of empathy, dishonesty, and harmful self-concernedness.

#18 Pret Allez, Sep 27, 2012
  19. Tails Luver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You are not sinning! I'm a Christian, too (Catholic, actually), but I know God will love me and care for me no matter what. God isn't going to send you to hell for being bisexual. I know we get a lot of crap from the church saying "this is forbidden, that is forbidden" (this is cursed, that is cursed... XD), but y'know, the church can be wrong, as weird as that may sound. Just keep your head held high, okay? Don't give up hope!

20. Colombiana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I recently spoke to a gay pastor from Michigan on the phone. Helped me clear up alot .. this world is so cruel. ): WILL IT EVER CHANGE?