1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't like my life anymore

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JasmineFirebird, Sep 26, 2012.

1. I failed college constantly worrying, and steessing out over nothing.
    I joined the army after my first semester and I felt like I should've stayed in College.
    After two years, I'm getting out of the army because I was told it was because anxiety issues and it's Honorable discharge. The problem is that I'm only able to use 50% of education benefits. It isn't enough to pay off tuition costs.
    I'm also thinking of just going back home and live there for a bit. I don't think I should be considered a veteran. I don't feel like one and I feel I don't deserve to be one. I haven't done anything at all.
    I don't want to be jobless either, but I see so much negative things about jobs and it seems there's no hope of finding one at all.
    I'm not sure what I want anymore. I feel alone and depressed about things. I feel like I should've never left college in the first place.
    I did make friends here, but Hardly anyone understands my problems i have with myself and I hate it. I hate being around everyone.

2. rx79g

You should try to find something you enjoy, like a hobby. Maybe take up an instrument or painting or making models. Anything to focus on and set goals for helps a lot with feeling depressed. I realize that that's really limted and bad advice but I don have a lot of life experiences to use to help you. I have been through some really bad episodes of depression and I know the most important thing is to make sure you don't give up and do nothing, because once you do it is a million times harder to get going again.

If you feel that badly about college than maybe that's where you should start. Even if money is an issue there are places and ways to get a college education if you can work through it. It may not be easy but maybe a sold goal like that would help.

About the anxiety, have you seen anyone about it? There are medications or therapy designed to help people with anxiety. Maybe it could help you.

Hopefully something I said was helpful, though probably not so much. If nothng else at least take a friendly pat on the back from this. Best wishes :slight_smile: